Chapter VII: Guns & Kisses

NYLA

That kiss with Kenny was magical, I was nervous but I tried my best to mimick what I saw on TV. The thought alone was cheesy but I think I did pretty well for my first real make-out session. I bit my lip as I closed my eyes and imagined his lips again. I leaned against my door basking in my memories.

"Nyla! Where the fuck did you get all this money from?!" I heard my dad yelling kill my vibe and my thoughts. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch.

"My job dad, why?" I asked.

"Ain't no job at the mall paying this much? Now don't lie to me!" He yelled as he held the envelope I left him. I've never seen my dad this mad, but I knew I had to come up with a good lie and fast.

"I got promoted to manager, the old manager quit and they needed a new one fast. I kept saving and saving because I wanted to help you. I haven't spent a dime, dad. I did it for you. I don't understand why you're so mad." I played the victim and began to produce some tears, I swear I was an actress in my first life. 

"I'm sorry babygirl, don't cry." He sighed as he wrapped his arms around me.

"No, you don't appreciate me. Or a thing I do." I said dramatically and ran into my room.

I filled my bag with some more product. I figured this would be the perfect time to go out and get rid of a bit more. I had nothing but time on my hands. I filled my bag and stormed into the living room where my dad was now sitting back on the couch with his head in his hands.

"I'm going for a walk. I'll be back soon." I stated. I heard him try to call after me but I ran out the house fast. I headed a few blocks down and changed. As I stood on the corner with some other guys, I waited for people to come. I usually didn't post up here, but I figured i'd explore the waters for a bit. Only a few people passed through, but this block wasn't as hot as my normal spot. I saw a car drive back and forth and it began to make me nervous, but I insisted that I was paranoid. 

KENNETH

Landon drove back and forth pacing the street where Rocko's workers were posted. Half them niggas was goofing off, and that was the best time to get 'em when they weren't paying attention. 

"You ready?" I asked. It was time to prove that if Rocko didn't wanna talk, we were gunna bring some action.

Rodrick nodded as we put on our ski-mask. We loaded our guns, and drove by one last time before emptying our clips. The sound of gun shots rang loud, they tried to shoot back for a few seconds but it only took a second for us to take all of em out. Some tried to run but we followed 'em down. We sped off quickly but we knew it would be a good 10 minutes before the cops came, they always took their time coming to this hood. We took the car to Landon's uncle's junk yard and crushed it. Ranae drove to pick us up and we went back to her house.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked Landon, she always got like this when it was time to handle business.

"I'm fine." He laughed.

"My nigga! We took the whole damn block out." Rodrick screamed. He was so damn trigger happy. We spent the rest of the night drinking up and celebrating. I knew it wouldn't be long before Rocko hit me up with a response, and I was waiting for it. 

NYLA

It seemed like it all happened so damn fast. I just laid on the floor until I heard the shots come to a hult. I heard police sirens coming and had no time to collect myself. I got up and began running, every single guy was laid out dead, I had never seen anyone die before and I had also never been shot. I held on to my arm with an agonizing amount of pain. I knew I couldn't go to the hospital; I didn't have a choice but to turn to the one person I couldn't stand the most, Deandra. Her mom was a nurse and this was really my only option. I ran to her building and knocked on her door with urgency.