Seeing Red

I anxiously was getting dressed and I couldn't pick an outfit to wear. For a whole day in a half my mom hadn't questioned anything about the date and she knew about it. She was probably waiting for me to tell her and gush about how I'm so excited to go on my first date. But I don't really want to but I knew that if I wanted to actually pick a decent outfit I was going to need her help. "Mom!!"

I heard her footsteps marching up the stair.

"Yes sweetie what is it?"

"I have this date and I kinda need your help on picking an outfit I've been so stressed I wasn't even going to say yes but then I saw his beautiful eyes and he said he already asked you so I was like why not and now I don't even want to go I don't think I even own any heels-"

"Okay Zoey slow down take a deep breath."

"Well i'm very glad that you asked me to help you choose your outfit. I already know which one."

"Of course." she walked over to my closet and my light blue sundress covered with white daisies and my brown high heeled ankle boots. I guess my mom does have taste.

"There put that on, do your makeup and go downstairs. He should be here any minute now."

"Wait what?! I have to take a shower, shave, and still do my hair!!"

My mom just shrugged her shoulders. "You should have not wasted all that time on choosing your outfit."

I rolled my eyes and pouted my lip. "Whatever." I finally finished everything and looked at myself one more time in the mirror. I still couldn't believe I was doing this. I straightened the side of my dress and descended down the stairs. He was already there waiting just like my mom had said. My hands were already sweating.

He was staring at all my baby pictures. I thought I took those down. Mom.

"Hey."

"Hi. Wow you look beautiful!"

"So I didn't look beautiful before because last time I checked you said I did."

He started to panic. "No I was just , I mean cause."

"I was just kidding. Finally I'm the one that's not blushing."

He softly nudge me wit his shoulder. "Okay well I guess we better get going before it gets too dark. Bye Mrs. Campbell."

My mom simpered looking please with herself that she had finally gotten me outside of the house with someone besides the family. "Bye sweetie. You two have fun."

I gave my mom a hug and a wet kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry I won't."

She had already started cleaning the house and gave a sideways glance but I saw her smile. We headed out the door and into his car. "Wow I'm surprised."

"What?"

"Well you're always wearing black and have bruises everywhere. NOt only that you never smile well when you see me but.."

"Thanks for noticing all of that I didn't know that you made attention that much."

I felt the heat rush towards my cheeks and played with my hair. "I I was just saying. You know making sure you're not planning on killing me."
"You were right about me having a motorcycle I just didn't think that your parents would appreciate me driving their daughter around in it so I decided to take the car."

"Kiss up."

"What are you talking about?! Me?! No way! I am simply making sure your parents love me."

I rolled my eyes. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Oh we are going to hike up a mountain and have a picnic."