Chapter 2

~Two Years Later~

I gazed at Jack Gilinsky on my phone screen and pushed away my tears. I miss him a lot.

Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky are famous on vine. Last year I'd moved away from them; I'd moved to Pickering, Ontario. I had a new best friend, Shawn Mendes. He was also a vine star; he mainly sang.

*Flash Back*

After that day at the mall, when Jack and I had caught Jack G kissing Bridget, I'd been in shock. We had all hated her, we all thought she was annoying. We all promised to never have anything to do with her and there he is, breaking his promise.

"Jack." I said stomping up to him.

Jack Gilinsky pulled away from Bridget and turned to me. "Sage?" he said, sounding confused. "Did you just call me Jack?"

I nodded. "What are you doing with her? I thought you hated her." I accused, tears pricking at my eyes.

Jack's eyes became cold and distant. "You don't own me, you can't decide who I do or don't hate." He snapped at me.

I felt tears running down my cheeks. "I know I don't, but that's not why I'm hurt. I'm hurt because someone I care about lied to me. If you had just come to us, and said, 'oh, Bridget isn't that bad, I think I want to hang out with her' that would have been okay, but no! You went behind our backs and lied to us! How long have you been hanging out with her?"

"Sage, I-"

"No! You know what? I'm done! I can't have a best friend who lies. I hope you're happy with yourself." I started storming out and then I heard Jack Gilinsky say something that hurt me.

"What if I am?"

My tears stopped and I stopped moving. "What was that?" I questioned, slowly turning around to face him again.

A small crowd had gathered around us and were gasping at our comments.

"What if I never really liked you? What if I only pretended to like you because he does?" Jack gestured to Jack Johnson, who was gaping.

I lifted my hand to cover my mouth. It took me a minute to compose myself. "So what you're saying, is that you hate me?" I concluded.

Jack Gilinsky glared at me. "Yes."

I took a minute to stare at him. "Well, guess what? The feeling is mutual." with that, I turned on my heels and ran out of the mall.

*Flash Back Over*

I began crying at the memory. I didn't really hate Jack G. I was actually in love with him, but he could never know. He never will know, because he wouldn't talk to me, even if I tried calling him. Which I never did.

Jack Johnson and I kept in contact. We hadn't seen each other since I'd moved, but we still talked.

I missed them both. I wish I could see them again.