Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Karena awoke the next morning feeling more contented than she could remember in a very long time.

“Morning.”

She turned to the voice and saw John, smiling warmly at her.

“Morning,” she flashed him a shy smile.

He leaned over and kissed her gently.

She hadn't meant to stay the night, she hadn't meant to become involved with him at all, but the wine had lowered her inhibitions and they were having such a good time. Now that they had slept together, she could no longer deny how she felt about him. She had been resisting him, she realised, but it had been a struggle. She almost felt relieved that her struggle was now over.

“Hungry?” he asked.

Karena nodded.

“Then let's get some breakfast, before the demon child awakes.”

It was clear how much John doted on his nephew, so his words made her smile.

“I think there's a new toothbrush in the bathroom cabinet,” he said. “Help yourself to whatever else you need. Do you want a shower? Or a bath?”

“Toothpaste will be fine,” she assured him, stretching over for another quick kiss.

“Thank you for last night,” he said when she pulled away. He reached a hand over to push a strand of hair behind her ear, then he ran the back of his fingers along her cheekbone. “I want you to know, last night wasn't a one night stand thing for me.”

“I didn't think it was,” she assured him.

“And you?” he asked. By revealing his feelings, he hoped to coax her own from her.

“I had a great time,” she assured him. “And I'm not in the habit of one night stands either.”

He flashed her a thousand watt smile, the kind that made her heart palpitate and her stomach flutter.

“I'll use the bathroom first,” he said. “Then you can take your time.”

She nodded her agreement and watched him as he made his way to the en suite bathroom, cocking her head slightly to better appreciate his fine bum.

When the door closed, she lay back on her pillow and sighed. Sure, she felt like she was on cloud nine but that didn't stop her from wondering when, exactly, she had become a drug dealers girlfriend. Then she chided herself for being harsh; it wasn't like held tricked or manipulated her into anything, and she was just as guilty of liking him as he was of being attracted to her.

And boy, was he good in the sack! She shuddered just remembering the delicious tortures he'd put her through last night. She was almost surprised that she could move, considering some of their antics.

Karena wasn't dumb enough or foolish enough to think that they were engaged now that they'd had sex but sex, at least for her, did change things. It wasn't something that she did lightly, because she knew how much stronger her feelings became afterwards. She'd already had it bad, now she was head over heals.

But he was still a drug dealer.

Then again, so had her father been, though nothing on John's scale. At least she didn't think so. John didn't talk about that side of things but her dad only dealt within his gang, so John's operation must be much larger.

But John wasn't the Anti-Christ or anything though, so maybe she was over reacting. Drugs were inanimate objects, they didn't force anyone to take them and John was simply filling a need in the market.