Prince of Knights Chp38

___________________________________________

"Kill him, then hug him. Men are more faithful when dead." Nizar Qabbani.

"Fasten his hands." Faris glanced as Badr commanded his men to tie Khalid's hands behind his back. A sly smile made its way to his lips causing the misty fog to deepen. They stood near the horse fence as some of the Rashideen men prepared the hawdaj Sheikh Faisal had ordered for his daughter. Faris stood next to Badr who watched as his knight, Jabber concealed Khalid's face in a gunny sack.

"You had this all prearranged?"

"What are you implying, Badr?"

Sagr of knights grinned turning away from Khalid whose shoulders sagged in defeat. "There is no way on earth you would permit a man to exist if that individual raised their sword at you."

"Shall I annihilate him then?"

"You will not. You never intended to."

Faris glanced at Khalid. He was hushed for a few seconds then chortled. "Why must you ponder so? Was it not your sibling who attempted to behead me? How can I coax him to kill me?"

Badr growled, irked. "You know precisely what I am stating, Faris." The man had had enough of Faris's ploys. Badr had his doubts, but this was preposterous.

"And here I was, willing to relish the weather of this tribe." Knight of knights tusked. Badr did not respond but merely stared at Faris. "I was disappointed, ya Badr. Things occurred, verdicts were heard yet you remained silent. I was despondent that," he smiled, mockingly. "You did not catch a whiff of my doings. "

"Is this necessary, tying him up like a rabid dog?"

"It seems like it is."

"You desire for the people to know that you have Khalid. You do not wish to keep this a mystery."

"Indeed." Rage flayed Badr's skin off, however, he could not commit anything. It was his brother who had charged at Faris.

"Wallahi I will slaughter him. That Borkan has caused nothing but hurdles for her. The once cheerful eyes are lifeless now." Faris recited his voice loud enough for everyone to hear.

Badr frowned bewildered, he then looked to his right only to find Khalid alone standing by the horse. Jabber nowhere in sight. "What are you talking about?"

"Do these words sound familiar to you, ya Khalid?" Faris stepped back and made his way to Khalid who thrust his shoulders back, alert. The knight of knights halted in front of the man and drew the gunny sack back to unveil his face. He watched as Khalid blinked a few times then glared at Faris. "Was it not you who declared his craving of my death with Jabber?"