Prince of Knights Chp42

______________________________________

  ~*Had I told the sea What I felt for you, It would have left its shores, Its shells, Its fish, And followed me,~* Nizzar Qabbni  

Raghad's toes curled in pain as Shouq wrapped the cloth around her wound on her left shoulder. "The wound on your palm just turned into a scar and now you have this." Shouq sighed checking her handiwork to see if the clothing was secure around Raghad's shoulder. The sword had pierced her skin inches away from her throat, a gash that had led them to enfold the cloth in a way that it hugged her shoulder's rotator cuff. Shouq had made Raghad wear a gown that it only left her shoulders to be bare and help with the treatment and allowed her hair to torrent down her back to shield her skin.

Raghad remained silent for what had occurred a while ago exhibited in her brain. Shouq had been searching for Raghad when she had not returned with Jazee and had found them in the middle of a gruesome battle. She had then guided the wounded bride back to her chamber and treated her like a sister a mother Raghad yearned to have. "This wound will take more time to heal than the previous one, Raghad." Shouq sat back on her knees in front of her. They were seated in Faris's chamber, Raghad on the cot while Shouq in front of her treating the wound her brother's sword had gifted. 

"I am aware." The bride shivered from cold, she wanted to conceal her bare shoulders but knew she could not, not when Shouq was still inspecting if the cloth was secure enough.

"Raghad you know he would never harm you. Indeed, Faris is forbidding, but he would never harm a woman, especially his spouse." Shouq took Raghad's hands in her soft ones and looked up at her.

"He was there, standing before me. Your brother handed the sword to him. He watched as Abdelaziz lifted the blade towards me, Shouq, he watched." Raghad swallowed the tingle in her parched throat.

"I know, I saw, but believe me, Faris knew what he was doing."

"How so, by allowing his wife to be wounded by a madman."

"I do not know what he was pondering, but Faris would never do this intentionally." Shouq reasoned.

"Shouq I am knackered I need to res_" The women looked towards the door when a light knock was heard. Instantly, Shouq picked the cloak she had brought and draped it on Raghad's shoulders in time for the door to open and reveal Faris.

The sister tied the knot of the cloak around Raghad's throat securely. "Rest. I shall come back soon," Raghad gave a nod as Shouq rose to her feet grabbed the tools and herbs and made her way to the door. "Be gentle." Were the words the bride heard her utter to Faris before she closed the door behind her.

Raghad did not lift her head for she was furious, livid. No matter how many times Shouq denied the fact that he would never harm a woman Raghad knew better. The gash on her shoulder confirmed that what others pondered of him was not an illusion. Then why did her heart desire his presence? Why on earth her eyes yearned to see him? From the corner of her eye, Raghad watched as he took a step forward then another and at last made his way to her. The fear she had beheld returned and Raghad felt her neck dampen with sweat and heart pick its beat.