The Final Chapter

"Looks like we're gettin closer," Daryl says as they walk through streets of a long since deserted town.

"Building we want is just up ahead," Tyrese nods.

They near the college, Daryl taking his crossbow from his shoulders. Rachel draws her own bow, taking out a lone walker making it's way towards them.

They step through a set of double doors, quickly making their way down the corridor towards a classroom filled with animal cages and test tubes.

"Alright, let's make this quick," Daryl says.

Bob makes his way towards some shelves filled with an array of pills. "Anything ending with Cillin or Cin, C, I, N, grab it. We'll dissolve the pills in the IV's, put them right to the blood stream."

As Rachel shoves whatever pills she can find into her bag, Bob makes his way to the other side of the classroom. Michonne watches him with a frown. "You alright?"

Bob gets up from shoving whatever meds he might have found in his bag. "Yeah, i'm good," he nods, looking towards the door as Tyrese and Daryl come back with a bagful of meds each. "How'd you do?"

"Bags, connectors, everything on your list," Tyrese nods.

"What about you?" Daryl asks.

"Yeah, we got it all," Bob says.

"Let's roll," Daryl says, heading for the door. He pulls out his torch as they head down the dark corridor. He holds out his hand, the other's stopping as he peeks into a classroom full of walkers. Daryl gestures with his hand and they move swiftly, but not before the walkers catch their scent.

As the dead follow, they run into a dark room, Bob trying to close the door behind them.

"Hey, door's busted," he whispers.

Rachel tries to push against it with her shoulder, but it refuses to close. "Shit."

"There," Michonne nods towards an exit sign.

They stand in front of the double doors, a chain around the handles. As Daryl pulls at the doors, dead hands stretch through. He takes a step back. "How many?"

Michonne shakes her head. "I can't tell."

"Hey," Rachel gestures towards the door they just came through as walkers begin to stumble through it.

"We can take em," Tyrese says, holding up his hammer.

"No! They're infected. Same as at the prison. We fire at em, get blood on us, breathe it in. We didn't come all this way to get sick," Bob points out.

"How do we know the one's in there are any different?" Tyrese says.

Rachel shakes her head. "We don't."

"Luck's gotta change sometime," Daryl says before he breaks the chain, the doors bursting open.

It's not as bad as they thought, about six dead coming out, Michonne taking most of them with her sword. Light fills the corridor, Rachel squinting her eyes for a moment as they adjust. They come upon another locked exit as the dead begin to approach them.

Daryl looks at a window in the corridor, struggling to open it. Tyrese wastes not time, grabbing a fire extinguisher and throwing it through the window.

They all jump out onto a shelter, Bob coming out last. He falls, his bag dangling over the shelter, walkers grabbing at it.

"Bob, let it go!" Rachel yells.

But he refuses to, pulling at it till the walker releases it's grip. The bag lands on the shelter with a clink, Daryl raising his brow. Daryl kneels down, taking a bottle of alcohol out of the bag. "Got no meds in your bag? Just this?" He frowns, brandishing the bottle in front of Bob. "You shoulda kept walkin that day," he says before pulling back his arm.