20

I'm tired I'll edit this tomorrow. This is the last chapter :') enjoy y'all 💛💛

John POV

Tests. John's worst nightmare.

Now not only was he staying up all night thinking about how much he wants Alexander, he was also forced to study for some stupid law exam. He doesn't even want to be in law, so what's the point! The point is that his father will have his ass if he doesn't pass this class, John reminds himself as he busily scribbles more notes into a note book. The door to the boy's dorm slammed open and a very flustered Angelica stumbled in. John stared up at her. "What the fuck happened to you?"

Angelica glanced around the empty dorm. Herc and Laf were off somewhere, presumably on a date, and Alexander was out doing whatever he does while he's out. "I just walked in on Alex and Eliza fucking," she stated blandly. "Do you know how horrifying it is to see your crush and your sister doing the do?" So, Alexander does Eliza when he's out. Great. John just nodded before turning back to his work.

"Yeah, I do. I've walked in in them before." More like heard them from outside the door, but that had imprinted an image in his mind by itself. He couldn't imagine actually seeing it — scratch that, based on what I just wrote he could. He wouldn't be disgusted, just extremely and fully hurt. Which was honestly pathetic. He doesn't  like feeling weak, has he mentioned that?

"Our poor souls. We are tortured with unrequited feelings and then with this shit." Angelica paced the room a bit before sitting down on Hercules' bed (the bottom bed of the bunk he and Laf shared).

"Yeah," John replied shortly. "I hate to cut this short, but I'm really busy right now so—"

"I can see that. What are you working on anyway?"

"I'm studying. I have a test in Law."

"Hey!" Angelica smiled, "I took Law last year and I was a tutor in high school. Can I help?" John looked at her, exasperated.

"Please," he cried. Angelica smiled wider and dragged a bean bag next to the desk.

"Lets get started."

•••

After a short hour, everything started slowly making sense to John. "And... yeah," Angelica sighed. "I'm tired, so I'm going to stop. Enjoy your studying." John rolled his eyes.

"Thanks." Angelica stood. "Hey, where are you going?"

"I'm going back to my dorm. They have to be done by now." John nodded.

"Do you think I could come with you? I think I need a break from all of this," he said, gesturing to the many text books and note books that littered the small desk he sat at. Not to mention that this is the first time in months that Alexander had not exclusively been on his mind. Maybe he just needs to spend more time with his friends, then his.... small crush, so to speak, on Alex would go away.

"Of course! Let's go!" John smiled and stood, pushing the swivel chair in under the desk and walking over to the dorm's door. The two headed out into the hall, Angelica blabbering on and on about her stressful classes. John listened intently. This was nice. Angelica opened the door, continuing the conversation. Eliza and Alex were watching a movie on the large TV the Schuyler's had in their dorm.

"Oh, hey Angie! John!" Eliza smiled. Alex looked up and waved. John smiled slightly, his chest tightening ever so slightly at the sight of Alexander and Eliza cuddled together in the couch. He shook his head. Think happy thoughts. Positive thoughts.