Movie night?

The bell once more rang, announcing the ending of the school day. Dib, just like everyday, walked pass the groups of friends crowded inside and outside the hi skool. But today he was no longer thinking about how he wished he had such companions- no. His mind was busy with a boy. An alien.

"DIB-!!"

Speak of the devil.

Dib promptly turned towards the sound of his name, unsurprised to see Zim walking towards him with a huge grin.
Momentarily, Dib thought about how it was actually pleasing to see Zim smile at him with friendliness and not some kind of wicked grin. To walk over to the human without some kind of deadly plan in mind- well, at least he hoped he didn't have such plan.
It would be embarrassing to be tricked into friendship, then get crumbled by said "friend".
It would also be disappointing.
Dib actually had a friend, and he secretly hoped it stayed that way.

"H- oh, uh hi, Zim-" Dib sputtered out as quickly as possible once he caught on with the fact that he may have been taking too long for a response because of his thoughts. He cringed slightly, gosh he was embarrassing-

"Zim wanted to ask if you want to watch a movie?"

Dib choked. What the hell? Zim? Wanting to watch a MOVIE? As Dib choked on his own spit like a moron, Zim began to doubt his chances.

"Uh..I-" Zim started, ready to excuse himself and run towards his house in embarrassment from basically being rejected, but was caught off when Dib cleared his throat.

"WH-what movie-?" Dib asked, his voice cracking mid sentence.
He felt his neck burn.
He hoped he wasn't as red as he felt.

Zim's eyes widened briefly in surprise- Dib human was actually accepting the request?? Wow! Making friends is easy. Zim grinned up at him, excitement in his eyes. Then his smile faltered and he chuckled nervously, "I...I dunno? I didn't think I would get this far."

Dib's face broke into a smile and he laughed, "jeez, Zim. You're as awkward as I am!"
Zim gasped in disbelief. Awkward?? Zim is not awkward! Zim is SMOOTH- "I AM NOT AWKWARD. I am smooth!! I will take you to the movies and you will have A GREAT TIME with Ziiiiim. And! Just to be even more smooth, I'm letting YOU choose the movie! Hmph!", he crossed his arms and puffed out his chest as if asserting dominance, eyes closed and eyebrows furrowed.
Dib rolled his eyes and adjusted his backpack, "fine, Zim. I'll choose the movie. I'll pay too, I doubt you have any money on you."
Zim opened one of his eyes and seemed to be thinking, as if searching his head for money. He then hummed and closed his eyes again, "yes, I can agree to that."

[words total: 478
VERYYY short chapter- sorry for the lack of updates!! I lost motivation :,) but seeing some comments saying that they liked my story gave me some motivation!! So yeee. Zim and Dib lowkey boyfriends already deadass😳]