Nervous

Although Zim felt ashamed for such pitiful emotions, he was glad Dib decided to knock on his door. Feeling odd by the intimacy, Zim decided to push Dib away from the hug after some very long seconds passed by. His face was a dark shade when he met Dib's eyes, and to cover up his embarrassment he turned around and walked into the living room, inviting Dib to come in.

Dib smiled to himself, his heart racing from the hug and the happiness that was brought to him by knowing that Zim was no longer upset. Walking in, he gently closed the door behind him and looked around. It's been a while since he's actually stepped inside Zim's house- it didn't seem much different, he noted. There were some more decorations and pictures on the wall, but other than that it still felt and looked like it used to.

"So, Gir has some movies...Uh, do you wanna watch one? Since we didn't get to even watch the movie we were planning on watching"
Zim asked awkwardly, holding up a cd in his hand. His face was still warm, staying that way from the embarrassment of asking such a silly question.
Dib perked up to his surprise, "oh- y-yeah sure! That sounds great, Zim. Do you have popcorn? I can go microwave some right now while you put on the movie"

Zim mentally cursed when he felt his heart beat faster from nervousness, but he decided to not pay so much attention to it and responded to Dib instead, "yeah, there's other snacks as well if you wanna eat those- they're in the kitchen. Don't do anything stupid."
Dib laughed at the small comment Zim threatened him with, "I'll try not to".
When Dib was out of sight, Zim let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding. Why was he feeling so nervous? Fuck.
He felt a tinge of guilt when he got a sudden thought about his leaders. What if this was something to do with him being defective? These...emotions. He cursed to himself, deciding to once more not get too deep into his thoughts and began inserting the CD.
Once the movie was inserted and ready to play, he called out for Dib and walked into the kitchen to find Dib throwing popcorn into the sky to catch into his mouth.
Zim arched an eyebrow (which he didn't have), confused on why the human was eating them so weirdly.
"Dib? What are you doing?"
Distracted by Zim, Dib missed a popcorn that was falling down. It fell right on his eye, the burning sensation of the butter and salt caused him to yelp out in pain.
"DIB!? WHATS WRONG??"
Zim scurried to Dib to help, but was not aware of how he could. Dib was palming the side of his face, squeezing his eyeball shut.
"Nothing- I was just messing around trying to get popcorn to fall into my mouth, I'm okay!"
Dib laughed at the dumb situation, his cheeks flushed from being embarrassed about Zim having had watched him do such a silly thing.
Zim still had a worried and confused expression, that then fell into a disappointed one. "SO I WAS WORRIED FOR NO REASON-"
"Aw, you were worried??" Dib teased, making Zim flush with frustration. "shut up and get the snacks!!"
Dib chuckled at Zim's attitude and took out the popcorn bag from the microwave, pouring it into a large bowl.
"Alright, what are we watching?"

(Word count: 585
SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT AGH
I WANT THEM TO BE BFS ALREADY BUT LIKE I LOVE THE SLOW BURN TOO)