1

Ben sat with his phone in his hand contemplating on calling Miranda, but he decided against it, he need to give her time to heal her wounds, like he agreed, but truthfully he missed her so much. He had found what he had been looking for his whole life and her wanting a break was killing him but he knew it was best for her.

Months eventually passed and Ben was keeping himself busy. He made it easier for her and gave a guy named Pierre lattes to keep him off of her surgeries and he even avoided the attending's lounge and locker room.

Ben was on his way to his first patient of the day, also making sure his residents did their rounds when he heard commotion. He walked into the patients' room and heard a nurse fussing with his residents.

"Good morning, uh what's going on." Ben asked confused.

His intern began to speak but was cut off by the nurse. "Your Resident is an idiot." The nurse said folding his arms

" First of all don't disrespect him, and can we please be professional adults and let's not argue in front of a patient." Ben said getting pissed off and ushering his hands towards the door.

" Excuse me mam. I apologize for my co-workers showing unprofessional attitudes. " Ben said sincerely and walked out of the door.

Ben met the both of them in a meeting room and Ben listen to the nurse's unreasonable concerns.

" It's an epidural, things like this happen, this is normal. You don't get to speak to any of my Residents this way; they are still learning, things like this will happen, if you haven't notice this is a teaching hospital, Kevin you may excuse yourself, I'll handle this" Ben said walking out of the room once again. Ben walked to nurses' station and open his patients' chart. Just as Derek walked up.

" Hey what's going on?" Shepard asked.

"Dr. Warren's Resident punctured the Dura of your patient from this morning during what should have been a routine epidural." The nurse said looking at Derek, leaning on the counter.

"Okay first of all there is no such thing as anything routine. After a patient had surgery and you have no right to yell at my Resident." Ben said calmly.

"It was spinal fluid all over her bed. " Eli raised his voice.
Ben was starting to get pissed off, he didn't know who this little boy was talking to, he really needed to grow up.

"How is the patient?" Derek asked.

" I just checked on her, she is stable and pain free." Ben said looking over at Eli.

"Your Resident was sloppy and rough." Eli said with his arm crossed clearly showing that he was agitated.

"You have no idea how difficult epidurals are." Ben said looking at this arrogant idiot.

"Because I'm a nurse." Eli questioned.

Ben was honestly tired of talking with him, he had no respect for others. "Watch your tone with me." Ben scowled at him and use his warning voice.

"Or what? What are you going to do?" Eli yelled.

" Okay guys, guys Break it up.. walk away.. We are done. Walk away. " Derek said holding his hands up.

When Derek and Ben walked to the other side of the counter Derek spoke " I get why you are mad at the guy, but if you are going to have a fight about Bailey, do it on your own time." Derek said.

"Fight about Bailey." Ben questioned " wait- wait nooo Ba- Bailey's with him." Ben asked pointing in the direction of Eli with disbelief.

"I should go." Derek said turning around.