Chapter 29

*A week later*

May 30, 2020
10:00 pm

Minho's P.O.V

Soonie jumps up onto the counter as I stir the kimchi with one hand, using my other to pet him as we patiently wait for Jisung to come home. He's supposed to be on his way home from therapy, the sessions he's been going to every day seem to be helping just a bit. Perhaps one day they will have helped him a lot more than they are now. I continue cooking his dinner and petting Soonie while waiting.

Soon enough, the door opens and Jisung walks into the apartment, slinging his jacket across the bench in the hallway. "Hey Jis, how was therapy?" I ask softly, turning my head to look at him.

"Just fine, as always." His tone sounds bored as he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my torso, laying his head gently on my back.

"What's wrong, baby?" I turn around to place a kiss on his head.

"Nothing...I'm just exhausted...I had to work and then I had class and therapy after that, I could fall asleep right now." I chuckle at his response.

"Well you need to eat before any sleeping takes place." He pouts and I turn around and lift his chin up to peck his lips.

"What did you make me?" He mumbles, batting his eyes at me playfully.

"Kimchi fried rice, now stop that before I tickle you to death," I dish the food onto his plate before handing it to him. He stops and grabs his plate, starting to walk away before I stop him.

"You forgot something," I remind him, pouting my lips. Jisung chuckles and walks back over, pulling me into a warm kiss. I kiss him back before sending him off, giggling childishly. He rolls his eyes.

"You're such an idiot,"

"Hey, that's my line."

"Too bad, I used it." He sits down at the table with his food triumphantly as I start cleaning up. "Aren't you going to eat with me, baby?" He asks, his cheeks stuffed full of food.

"I already ate Sungie, and don't talk with your mouth full, it's gross."

"You're gross,"

"That's not what you said to me this morning." I wink at him flirtatiously before resuming my cleaning up. He groans and continues eating before his phone starts buzzing. Jisung quickly swallows what's in his mouth before picking his phone up.

"Hello?" I hear him answer. Whoever is on the other line must have some bad news for him or something because when I look over, he's subconsciously looking at me with tears in his eyes. "Yeah of course...I'll be there," he answers, not wanting to sound suspicious before putting his phone in his pocket.

"Who was that?" I say concerningly.

"No one, nothing to worry about Minnie." Jisung answers and quickly finishes his dinner. He brings his dishes to me before going to put his jacket back on.

"Where are you going this late, Jisung?" I inquire, putting a hand on my hip, worried that something might happen to him.

"Out for a walk...don't worry I'll be back soon."

"Are you sure it's just a walk? Should I go with you-"

"NO, no....stay here..." there is an unmistakable hitch in his voice as his eyes glisten with an onset of tears, "please." I stare at him for a moment before answering.

"Okay," I lie. I watch him walk out the door hurriedly, and I give him a five minute head start before I throw my apron off and put a coat on to go after him.