Chapter 18

*Two years later*

I took Athena by the hand, taking her to see Joey. We just ended the little break we had. We split up for a while; it was best for us. We'd argue a lot, to the point where our daughter cried.

But that is beside the point. We're doing flawlessly now. We have very successful jobs, and we're working very hard. Taylor is going through a major breakup right now, but he'll get through it.

He and Athena spend lots of time together. They're very close; they have a great bond with one another. I'm proud of how close they are because that's how Sophia and I are.

But anyways, Athena wanted to see her dad for lunch, so that's what we're doing. I had made chicken cutlets with mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. That's Athena's favorite along with the fruit I brought for her.

I walked into Joey's office as he was on the phone. I let go of Athena's hand and she ran towards him. A big smile spread across my face. I walked over to him and placed a kiss on his lips. I placed the food on his desk, pulling up a chair for Athena and me.

We let him finish his phone call before talking. He placed the phone down and smiled. "There are my beautiful girls, " he said tickling Athena, causing her to giggle.

"She wanted to come and eat lunch with you." I smiled, opening our lunch. Athena got down and sat in her seat. I put her food out first before ours. "This looks amazing!" Joey stared at the food.

I laughed placing his food in front of him. "So, what should we have for dinner, " I asked, feeding Athena. "Hmmm, how about we go out with the family." he smiled his perfect smile. I nodded in agreement.

As we ate, we talked and laughed. Just basically having a good time. We let our daughter play as Joey worked. We left about two hours later. So, I could get myself and Athena ready for dinner.

I texted everybody to let them know the plans for tonight. They all luckily agreed to go. That lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

*At dinner*

We took our seats waiting for everyone to come. I was talking to Joey, as I notice Athena start to move around in her high chair. I look up to glimpse at Tayler and them. I stood up as they reached the table, hugging all of them.

I let Athena out to do the same. "How are you?" Sophia asked, hugging me. "I'm better actually." I hugged back. "How are you?" she pulled away and looked at me, "I'm doing better than ever." hearing that from her made me feel great because she hasn't been the best since Joey and I went on a break.

We both took a seat and contributed to the conversation everyone else was having. I smiled as I saw everyone having a good time and getting along.

We ordered our food moments later and waited. I gave Athena my phone so she was content and wasn't throwing a fit. She does that a lot because after all, she's in the terrible twos stage. Let me tell you it's not the best phase.

After we ate we got dessert. I had given Athena some ice cream as Joey got up. I looked at him confused as he walked over to me. The next thing I know he was down on one knee.

My eyes started tearing up. "Hazel Leeann Ray Holder, you and Athena are the best things that have happened to me. I've been in love with you, since forever. I was wondering if you would make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" he said, opening a velvet box with a gorgeous diamond ring in it.

I shook my head, yes, standing as he placed the ring on my finger. I hugged him and kissed him. Everyone was clapping and cheering. I sat down and Sophia took my hand to look at the ring. "Oh, it's beautiful, " she said admiring the ring. "Yes, yes it is." I giggled.