Definitions

"You ready?"

"Ready?!"

Ready |'redē| an adjective: in a suitable state for an activity, action, or situation; fully prepared.

I was no way near fully prepared. Ready? I was ready to throw up that's for sure; I was fully prepared for that. "Oh God Jayson come down and save me" I whisper to myself, holding the locket he gave me awhile back.

"Miry are you okay you look sick?" Haley says holding in her laughter

"There's nothing funny in worrying about your wedding!" She turns around quickly to let out a laugh, yet tries to hide it with a cough, "Real mature my friend."

"Miry are you- holy sh... sugar you look, wow."

"Thanks Rachel" I laugh nervously, "Do I really look good?"

"I'd marry you myself man" She laughs, "But are you ready? It's about time and I want to get out of this damn dress."

"You look hot what are you talking about?!" Haley rolls her eyes at Rachel's comment

"Yeah right, you're not changing out of that until the party ends." I reply to Rachel

"Motherf.. mmm don't worry I'll make you pay."

As I check myself one last time in the mirror I look down at my heart locket necklace, Jay. I hold the heart between my index finger and thumb, "I miss you like crazy. I love you doofus." I kiss the locket quickly and sigh heavily, "I'm ready."

Everything flashed before my eyes. My entire life wrapped up into a few seconds. I look up at my brother, smiling, nervously putting my arm around his. You're doing it Miry. You did it. You survived so much shit to get here. You won the war you were fighting with for so long. You made it.

I lost a lot of people in the way, but that didn't stop me; it kept me going. It all started off when I lost myself, but in return I got Jayson. Jayson Anthony Timothy.. I could never get that boy out of my mind. He was everywhere. I got Marcus, again. I had let him go for awhile and when I thought it was over he came back, he always came back. I can't even put into words how grateful I am for that kid. He helped me up, he patched me up a bit, and of course he let me trip a couple times, but at the end I knew he would be there to make sure I didn't fall. I lost a lot of people in the way.

Lost |lôst| an adjective: unable to find one's way, denoting something that has been taken away or cannot be recovered

I lost myself, a baby, a father, a lover, and friends. Losing not only my first baby, but the father as well was something I never got over, something you really can never get over. I never talked about it with anyone, but those two were always in the back of my head. They were the ones keeping me going and helping me when I felt like no one else did. Friends. Sweet, sweet, Johnny, and the complete opposite of him, asshole Jake. Everyone missed them; how could you not? John was the type of guy who would try to insult you and then apologize right after even though it effected you in no possible way. Jake, he's that one friend in a group who would fuck any hot moving creature, yet at the end he'll worry and love just himself. Alright, I could be exaggerating for Jake, but you get the whole idea. They were family.

Family |'fam(e)lē| a noun: a person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy

I don't find that definition suitable for the word. I would say family is a group of people who care for one another, who love one another. It's a group of people you would ride and die with, always having each others back, but I know not all families are like that.