𝟖

𝐇𝐘𝐄-𝐉𝐈𝐍

𝑰 𝑱𝑶𝑮 𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑶 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑶𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑻𝑨𝑳, anxious to find out what happened to my little brother. I walk through the entrance to see my mother pacing back and forth distressed.

"Hey, Mom!" I call out. She looks around to finally see my face. She looks kind of angry. "Where the hell have you been?!" She shrieks.

"It took a while since I went home and then came here," I state. She takes a deep breath and covers her face with her hands. She's crying.

"What happened to Jun? Is he okay?" I ask impatiently. She wipes her tears. "He's gonna be okay but..." she stops. Out of the blue the starts to wail deafening.

"This is all my fault, I'm the reason why we're even here right now!" She bawls. This is so confusing. I pat her back trying to comfort her.

"Why don't you explain everything to me yeah? I'm confused right now and want to see my little brother." I rub her back.

"I feel too ashamed, I don't want to explain it to you." She whispers trying to control her breathing. "Go up to Jun's room and let a doctor explain it to you." She continued.

She sits in the waiting room chair and buries her head into her hands. I sigh out of exhaustion and defeat. I get up and start walking away from her, leaving her all alone

She needs it if it's making her act like this. I've never seen her so guilty and admit to her dumb actions for once. I walk through the empty halls of the hospital ground.

I finally reach his room and open the door quietly. He's awake! I approach him. "Jun," I call out. He looks at me and his manner changes.

"Hyejin!" He shouts. "Are you okay, are you feeling alright?" I ask him. "I'm fine just a little hungry." He smiles at me. That reminds me of something.

I grab my backpack and pull it in front of me. I open it and grab a bottle of peach tea and a bag of chips. "Here, eat this then." I give it to him. "Thank you so much!" He snacked it out of my hands.

A doctor walks in. Before he opens the bag and eats I want to clarify things. "Doc, he can eat this right?" I question her. "Yeah of course." She responds.

After hearing that, he digs in and enjoys it. "What happened to him that made him end up here?" I question the doctor.

The doctor takes in a deep breath. "Why don't we go talk about it outside." She says as she takes off her blue rubber gloves. She walks out of the room and I follow behind her.

We both sit down quietly. "So I hear that your mom has been struggling." She strikes up a conversation. "In which way?" I question her.

"Money, alcohol, and drugs." She announces. "Well yeah but before everything went downhill, she was a great person and a fighter for her kids you know." I clarify.

"That's great Hye-jin but." She hesitates. "It looks like that changed, a lot." I look down in silence. "Get to the point," I mutter.

"The reason your brother is here is because he took the wrong kind of drugs and passed out." She states.

Accidentally, how? "Well, do you know how?" I ask her confused. "Your mom said he wasn't feeling good. His head and stomach hurt so she gave him pain relief medicine, but when we tested his urine and that's not what we saw." She drags it.

"You know where I'm going with this right?" She asks me. "Yeah," I whisper. No wonder she was feeling so guilty. I should have seen this coming my way. Leaving a little kid with a drug addict and more.

"I just wish she was more careful in the future." The doctor says. "Me too," I reply. "So what's gonna happen to her?" I ask her.

"Well, she wasn't supplying him and wasn't intentionally giving it to him. But we did find out that it was illegal drugs she had." She guesses.

"So does that mean she's going to prison?" I ask her. "I don't know anymore honey." She feels bad for me to the point where she's crying right now.

I don't even know this girl. "Your brother is very strong for his age. He probably gets it from you, you know." She sniffles. "Yeah, he is pretty strong," I tell her.

"Your mom is on her way to the police station you know that?" She alarms. "Wait what? I saw her and talked to her on my way up here." I say.

"Well she's getting checked in and all that other shit- oh sorry." "You're fine," I reassure. "She was supposed to be there yesterday already but they messed up and I don't even know how." She continued.

I sigh as I hit my head on the wall. "Where would we go if she was in prison?" I wonder. "Probably in an orphanage or foster care. But if there are any relatives, they will hopefully take you in." She answers.

"Sorry Hye-jin, I got to get going, take care okay?" She says as she wipes her tears and gets up. "Yeah, will do doctor," I tell her.

"Call me, Uen Ae please." She corrects me. "Visit anytime if you need something okay?" She tells me. "Yeah of course," I respond.

She smiles and walks away in a hurry. I walk back into the room and talk to Jun for the rest of the night. I decide I'm gonna stay here for the night with him.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

Hyejin is enjoying the night with her hospitalized brother. Sooho is too busy delivering each and every package he chooses. And lastly, Sieun is alone in his apartment eating and studying.

Hey yall, TY FOR 1k READ WTH THIS IS SO CRAZY TO ME TYSMMMMMMMMMMMM AND I MEAN IT. SORRY YALL I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING WUICK AS USUAL, IVE JUST BEEN TIRED LATELY IN MY LIFE RN BUT IF YALL LIKING THE STORY LET ME KNOWWWWWWWWWWW FOR MOTIVATION IN THE COMMENTS. I NEED IT SM. STAY TUNED YALL PLZ 🙏
        - britney