𝟏𝟐

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑺 𝑳𝑨𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑬𝑨𝑻 after a while when it's time to go. They all say their goodbyes and split up.

𝐇𝐘𝐄-𝐉𝐈𝐍

I'm stressed out right now. A minute ago I was just laughing with some friends but now I have to face this reality. I'm sitting on a bus on the way to her house. I'm just going to call her.

I dial her phone number and it rings for a little bit. "Hello?" The phone crackles. "Hey, it's Hyejin Auntie," I mention. "Ah, Hye-jin are you coming back right now?" She asks me on the phone.

"Yeah I am actually, is everything going alright? is Jun okay?" I ask uncontrollably. She laughs. "He and his cousins are doing just fine really, he's eating right now."

I sigh out of relief. "Okay, that's good to know. Any updates about Chae-Yeong?" She pauses. "Um yeah actually." Her voice cracks.

"I wanted to talk about this face to face but since we're already on the phone, I'll tell you." Finally what I've been waiting for all day.

"It's not a lot but your mother is going to court in a few days to plead if she's guilty or not. She's being held hostage at the detention center until the whole case is over." She continued.

It turns silent for a moment. There are no words to describe how I feel right now. My mind wonders.

"Auntie, can we stay at your place for a little longer? I know I said just for two days but I promise we won't make it a big mess and that I will help you clean, cook, lau-

"Hyejin, you don't even have to ask this, of course, you can stay, as long as you need. You've been through too much. I wouldn't want my niece to suffer by herself. If you need anything, you always have me." She reassures.

"Thanks for trying to be there for us."

"You don't need to thank me, my love, It's the least anyone would have done."

"Mom!" I hear screaming through the phone. "Um, it sounds like your kid needs you so I'll get going now-

"No!, we can stay on the phone if you want, these kids just need about everything these days and it's nothing." She stops me.

"It's okay, I'll be there in a while so you go help out your kids please, it sounds like they need you right now."

"Okay, Hyejin." She breathes out.

"Yeah bye." I end the phone call before she could say bye. I take a deep breath. Could things have gone differently with Mom?

At this rate, I guess not.

𝐁𝐔𝐌-𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊

I feel less lonely after eating with some friends. Wait should I Address them as my friends? I've only ever spoken to them and had a real conversation with them today.

I scroll on social media to waste some time. I come across Sooho's account. Wow, he has a good amount of followers. 

He posted some nice photos. I switch to the group chat they made. I type in, "Sooho can you follow my social media account too?" That sounds weird.

He probably wouldn't follow me. Ah, why is this so complicated? I erase the sentence and close my phone.

I think I should get some sleep.

𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐇𝐎

I munch on some snacks as I watch some videos. Tonight was pretty fun with Hye-Jin, Si-eun and Bum-Seok.