1

Lawrence leans down so his ear is close to Mirana's lips as he watches her chest barely rise and fall

Lawrence leans down so his ear is close to Mirana's lips as he watches her chest barely rise and fall. He presses two fingers to her pulse point before looking at his watch.

"Her breathing is shallow and her pulse is thready," Lawrence says, looking at Tim. "What would Mirana do if this was someone she was treating?"

"I-I can't think," Tim shakes his head and Lawrence slaps him. Hard.

The slap jolts Tim out of his daze, the sting snapping him back to the urgency of the situation. He blinks rapidly, his mind racing as he processes Lawrence's words.

"An EpiPen," Tim says. "The epinephrine should help keep her heart beating but we need a better tourniquet so she doesn't bleed out"

Lawrence nods, his expression serious as he looks around the helicopter for any supplies that could help. Spotting a medical kit, he quickly retrieves it and rummages through its contents, searching for an EpiPen and a suitable tourniquet.

"Got it," Lawrence says, holding up the EpiPen and a sturdier tourniquet. "Let's do this."

Working swiftly, Tim administers the epinephrine while Nyla applies the tourniquet to Mirana's arm, tightening it with precision to stem the bleeding. Lawrence presses his fingers to Mirana's neck, keeping his eyes on his watch.

"Come back to me, Mirana," Tim whispers. "Necesitas pelear, mi amor"

With the epinephrine coursing through Mirana's veins and the tourniquet staunching the flow of blood, her pulse gradually strengthens and her breathing becomes more steady. The tension in the helicopter eases slightly as they watch, their hopes rising with each passing moment.

"She's stabilizing," Lawrence says before looking at Max. "How long till we get to a fucking hospital?"

"Eight minutes," Max says.

"Make it five," Nyla says.

"I don't think you understand how-" Max sighs when guns are pointed at him again before he bangs on the glass partition. "Hurry it up!"

As the helicopter races towards the hospital, every passing second feels like an eternity. Inside, the atmosphere is tense, each member of the group holding their breath as they watch over Mirana's fragile form.

"Come on, Mirana," Tim whispers, his voice filled with desperation. "Hang in there, just a little longer."

"We're landing now!" Max says as the helicopter begins to descend towards the hospital's helipad.

As soon as they land, they find a medical team waiting for them, their faces set in determined expressions as they prepare to take over Mirana's care. Tim carefully lifts Mirana onto a stretcher, his movements gentle as he lays her down.

"We've got her," one of the medical team members says, their voice calm and reassuring amidst the chaos.

Tim runs his hands through his hair as they wheel Mirana away, one of the nurses placing a mask over her mouth and nose, shouting medical words to each other. Once Mirana is out of his sight, Tim's legs buckle but everyone is there to catch him. Angela's arms wrap around Tim as he sobs. Everyone clings to each other as Tim lets out the most heartbreaking cries.