19

Mirana sighs when she notices Angela making pitiful, kicked-puppy eyes at her from across the bullpen and she turns on her heel, entering the briefing room

Mirana sighs when she notices Angela making pitiful, kicked-puppy eyes at her from across the bullpen and she turns on her heel, entering the briefing room. She ignores the concerned glances from Ryan and Tim as she smiles at Aaron, sitting down next to the man.

"You wanna talk about it?" Aaron asks and Mirana shakes her head. "Alright, you still wanna do that movie marathon tonight?"

"Tim has a stack of paperwork so I'm gonna bring Isaac," Mirana says and Aaron grins.

"I've been waiting to meet him," Aaron says. "My mom might take him all night though"

"Yeah, I don't know your mom well enough to take my child out of my sight," Mirana says and Aaron chuckles.

"That's more than fair," Aaron nods. "I'll get one of the family drivers to pick you up"

"Aaron, I can drive myself,"

"I don't want to hear it," Aaron says, raising his hand to stop her from speaking. "I'm sending a car. It'll have a car seat in it. Hey, you okay?"

"Hmm?" Mirana looks up from her phone, her brow furrowed.

"Are you okay?" Aaron asks and Mirana beckons him to lean down before she whispers in his ear and his eyebrows fly up but before he can respond, Sergeant Grey walks into the room and begins the briefing.

"All right," Grey says. "Nolan- Can you tell me what today is and what "ACH" stands for?"

"Today is Halloween, and I have no idea what "ACH" stands for," Nolan says, holding his hands out.

"No candy for partial answers," Grey says before turning to Nyla. "Harper?"

"Anything can happen," Nyla says. "Basically a reminder to be extra careful 'cause today is Halloween and Halloween is unpredictable"

"Correct," Grey tosses Nyla a lollipop. "And since Officer Thorsen has range qualifications today, you're back riding with Nolan"

"Oh, just like old times," Nyla grins, throwing her candy to Mirana who winks at her before popping the lollipop in her mouth.

"Yeah, without the fear of the whole blue-page thing," Nolan says.

"Uh, what kind of unpredictable can we expect today?" Lucy asks.

"Good question, Chen," Grey says, throwing Lucy a piece of candy.

"Lot of liquid courage," Tim says. "Lot of 211's. Teenagers snatching little kids' candy. Masked people running into liquor stores. Do they have a gun, or are they just late for a party? Muzzle discipline is critical"

"And? Can you remind us how you got your uniform torn three Halloweens ago?" Grey asks and Mirana leans forward in interest.

"Uh," Tim scratches his neck. "If you get dispatched to a loud party, make sure they know you're not the stripper"