10

"Are you sure you're ready to do this?" Mirana asks, flattening Tim's collar as they stand outside Sally's house

"If you're going to be in Elina's life then she needs to meet the man you're going to marry," Tim nods, gently taking Mirana's hands off of his collar. "It's just dinner, mi amor"

"I know," Mirana sighs. "She's met Isaac, Ryan, Lucy and Tam, so it should be okay right?"

"Are you ready?" Tim asks but they're interrupted before Mirana can reply.

"Mom!"

Elina hurtles out of the front door, launching herself at the woman. Mirana huffs out a breath of air as Elina slams into her, Tim's hands grabbing her shoulders so she doesn't fall.

"Hello, carino," Mirana says, returning the hug. "How was school?"

"That doesn't matter," Elina brushes Mirana's question off as her eyes sparkle. "I saw you on the news! With that man! You saved that lady! It was so cool! You weren't even scared!"

Mirana chuckles, gently stroking Elina's hair as the girl eyes Tim who is standing behind Mirana.

"Is this him?" Elina asks.

"Yes, Elina this is Tim, Tim meet Elina,"

"I suppose he'll do," Elina sighs.

Tim blinks in surprise at Elina's nonchalant comment, but he quickly recovers and grins at her. "Well, I do my best," he replies with a playful tone. "Your mom seems to think I'm okay."

Elina studies Tim for a moment before offering him a small smile. "I guess you're not too bad looking," she concedes, earning a chuckle from Mirana. "So where are going for dinner?"

"Well, Sally mentioned you liked the Italian restaurant a few blocks away," Mirana says and Elina grins.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Elina asks, hurrying towards the car. "Let's go!"

"It's like they cloned you," Tim whispers in Mirana's ear and she nudges him.

Mirana laughs softly at Tim's comment, shaking her head in amusement. "I think she's just excited to have dinner at her favourite place," she replies, glancing at Elina who is eagerly waiting by the car. "But at least she's comfortable to be herself around us"

"It's like she's coked to the heavens," Tim says as they walk down the porch steps, looking at Elina who is bouncing on the balls of her feet. "At least we won't have to worry about her falling asleep at the dinner table."

"I think we're gonna be asleep before she is," Mirana says before looking at Elina. "You ready to go?"

"I've been waiting for you two!" Elina exclaims.

"Our apologies," Tim says, bowing slightly as he opens the car door for Elina.

Elina giggles at Tim's playful gesture and hops into the car, settling into her seat with a grin. "You're an idiot"