6. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

It was evening time. Everyone was gathered in the lounge. Inara and Hamad were chatting sitting on the carpet, eating snacks. Elders were watching television, discussing some family issues they were having with one of their relatives.

Zulaid walked into the lounge. He was still dressed in his scrubs. He must be exhausted from the continuous surgeries.

"Are beta aj phir late ho gaye" His mother asked with displeasure.

(You also came late today)

"There was an emergency case. I had to deal with it" He muttered sitting next to his mother on the sofa.

"You look so tired beta!" She caressed his hair lovingly.

"No mama! I am fine" He passed her a little smile.

"Mama! Ap bhai ke lie biwi lain aye na jissy dekh ke bhai ki sari thakan utar jae" Hamad teased him with a mischievous smile.

(Mama! You should get a wife for him. He wouldn't be exhausted after seeing her pretty face)

"Na to ab kia khud se nikkah parha ke le aoon. Jis ny karni hy wo to razi ho" Saman was annoyed with his son's continuous refusal to marry.

"Should I marry her myself because the one who needs to be married isn't interested yet)

"Toba hy begum" Ayub laughed at the sentence of his wife. Everyone joined him except Zulaid.

"Zoi bhai se shadi kare ga kon. Bechari roti rahe gi sari Zindagi" Inara couldn't get a hold of her tongue.

(Who will marry her. Who would do, will cry for the rest of her life)

"I second you beta!" Before Farida could scold her daughter for her bluntness, Saman agreed with her.

"Tumhe kia takleef hy. Wo roye ya hasse. Apne kam se kam rakho. Chachi jan ma kuch dinu se dekh raha hoon ye badtameez ho gai hy" Zulaid threw daggers at her.

(So what's your problem if my wife cries or laughs. Mind your own business. And auntie I have been noticing she is getting ilmannered)

"I know beta! She is getting spoiled" Farida never disagreed with him.

Inara rolled her eyes at them. When would they understand that speaking facts isn't the same as being ilmannered.

"Acha leave. Tell me should I serve dinner for you right now or you will have it after freshening up" Saman changed the topic.

"I am coming back in 10 minutes" He walked to his room.

"Bhabi! You should think of his marriage now. Mashallah he is going to be 33 soon!" Farida asked his sister in law.

"Haye Farida! Ye many tab na" Saman was eager to get a daughter in law but her son had different plans.

"He wanted to be done with his specialization but it's been years now. I think we need to talk to him. He doesn't even have time to sit with us" Ayub wasn't happy either with his routine.

"Bhai! He has a tough job. It's not easy to be a surgeon. You know about the patient load. He will manage his routine with time. Just softly make him understand that he should get settled now" Ibrahim took the side of his favourite nephew.

"Mama! Mujhy to lagta hy bhai kisi larki ke firaq main shadi nahi kar rahe" Hamad gave his opinion.

(I think bhai isn't getting married because of a girl's abandonment)

"Na karo" Inara literally shrieked.

(Don't tell me)

"Why you shouted idiot" Hamad slapped her head.