9. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara was walking behind him. She was a little bit scared. She was very blunt in front of him in the class. He definitely didn't like it not just as her cousin but her teacher. She shouldn't have spoken like that. She regretted the next instance because he wasn't just her cousin.

Pehle sochna tha na gadhi! She cursed herself.

She was lost in her thoughts unaware of her surroundings. She was walking straight behind him. As he stopped in front of his office to open the door, Inara bumped into him.

Uffff ye to pathar hy! She caressed her nose. For a second, the world stopped for her and stars twinkled in front of her eyes.

(He is hard as stone)

"Watch out!" He snapped and turned around.

Watch out. She mimicked him without making sound, her facial expressions weird.

"So! Would you now bother to enlighten me. Why did you say that?" He asked.

"I didn't say anything wrong" She replied courageously.

"So, I am mean and I discriminate among people?" He asked her distastefully, and sat down on his chair.

"What can I say. Insan khud ko behter janta hy" She made a point.

(One knows himself better than anyone)

"You know about me and Azwa. What she could be thinking about us now? Do you have any idea you misbehaved with me. It wasn't polite of you to say that. That too in front of everyone!" That's what bothered him. Inara didn't like that even a bit.

Azwa! Azwa! Azwa! Is ashiq mizaj ki sui hi atak gai hy is aurat par. Inara rolled her eyes.

(He is stuck to her)

"Why are you so concerned about what she thinks. She can think whatever she wants" She shrugged her shoulders.

"It is my concern!" He stressed.

"Then, it's your issue. Not mine Why are you interrogating me?" She was pissed off.

"Watch your tone!" He glared at her.

She pressed her lips together. She herself didn't know why she was angry at him. He was the same arrogant cousin who was also her professor.

"What's your problem Inara?" He narrowed his eyes at her. He couldn't understand her.

"Nothing!" She uttered.

"You can't study. You can't answer properly. You misbehave. Bus zuban chalani ati hy. What the hell do you want to do?" His voice was pitched with anger.

(All you do is reply quickly)

Ap ka sir phorna chahti hoon. She could just think. Practically it was impossible.

(I want to smash your head)

"I am asking you for the last time. What's wrong with you?" He asked her again when she didn't say anything.

Inara didn't break her silence. She kept standing in front of him. He didn't offer her to sit down. He was busy staring at her, waiting for an answer.

"Will you bother to speak up?" He was annoyed.

"Zulaid bhai! I don't have any problem and even if I have an issue that's not your concern and I am sorry for what happened in the class room!" She apologized seriously and got out of his office before he could say something.

Had hy! She was done with everyone.

...

Inara's eyes were fixed at the people standing at the corner of the hall. Zulaid, his brother and his fiancee were busy talking. She could not comprehend what they were talking about. All she could comprehend was that they were happy.