16. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

After the fight, they both slept. The sun had set. They didn't wake up nor came down for dinner. The family gave them privacy. Nobody intruded. Hamad and Saman had a meaningful smile on their faces.

"Bhai ko to dekhain. Kamra nasheen ho kar reh gae hain" Hamad tried not to laugh.

(Just look at bhai. He spends most of his time in his bedroom now)

The bedroom was filled with darkness. Zulaid opened his eyes and felt something soft on his hand. The next second he realized it was Inara's face.

He turned around slowly to switch on the side lamp. He could see her now in the dim light of the lamp. Her face rested on his hand. He didn't know when she came closer to him in her sleep and held his hand.

He kept looking at her face. A few strands of hair covered her face. He couldn't hold himself back. His fingers moved the strands of hair from her face, and touched the soft skin. She was in deep slumber unaware of his doings.

Jungli bili. He mentally smiled looking at her.

(Wild cat)

He couldn't understand her. She would argue with him for no reason. In response he would also argue with him. He never wanted to fight with her. She would enrage him simply for nothing and he was getting tired of it but watching her peacefully sleeping beside himself, his heart melted.

He realized she wasn't covered with the comforter. He remembered their conversation a few nights ago.

"Take the comforter. The weather is changing. You might get cold" Zulaid suggested to her while lying down and setting an alarm on his cell phone.

"I am fine" She muttered clenching the bedsheet, not meeting his eyes.

"Kha nahi jaoon ga main tumhain. Cheezon ko mazeed awkward mat karo humare lie" He spread comforter on her body.

(I won't eat you. Don't make things more awkward between us)

"I ain't doing anything" She turned her back to him.

"Thank you!" He laid down at his place.

He shook his head looking at her. A shawl was wrapped around her body. It wasn't enough to beat the cold. He gently covered her with a comforter.

Pagal.

(Idiot)

She stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes. Her eyes widened when she realized the awkward position she was in. He was lying beside her, his hand was under her face which she was holding with her both hands as if he was going to run away.

"Sorry" She instantly removed her hands from his.

"I am delighted to hear it from you!" He said. Put his numb hand in the air and massage it with the other one.

"Huh!!" She looked away in embarrassment.

"You should apologize as you argued with me earlier" He reminded her.

"And you snapped at me" She turned her face in his direction.

"You started it" He replied simply.

"As if you never snapped at me before" She smiled.

"Never actually. Just in the classroom" He defended himself.

"That's what it is"

"It's not counted. I ain't your family member at the hospital" He sat on the bed beside her. Their shoulders pressed together. Inara lowered her gaze at their closeness. She silently rose up from the bed but stilled at her place realizing that he grasped her hand.