8. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara was busy taking history from a patient. Her patient was an old man who was fluent in Punjabi only. The patient couldn't speak Urdu nor his attendant. Inara was having a hard time, getting the useful information out of him.

Ya Allah! Ye patient mere hi hisse main ana tha. Tumhari qismat hi nirali hy!! She thought about looking at her patient.

She was still busy with the patient when the clock turned to 9 and Dr. Zulaid walked into the surgical ward with his team. His fiance was walking step by step with him. It seemed like they were discussing a patient but Inara was sure they were talking about themselves.

Eweu! Zara bhi achy nahi lag rahe sath. She narrowed her eyes at them.

(They aren't looking nice together)

Dracula ke sath to koi kharant aurat hi jachti jese ke Dr. Maiza. She giggled pairing him with a Gynecologist in their hospital who was a very strict woman.

"What's so funny Dr. Inara?" She stopped laughing when she heard his voice. She turned around just to see his face.

He was watching him, arm crossed at his chest. His team was standing behind him. Inara didn't realize when he reached her bed which was the 2nd one in the ward.

Dr. Azwa passed her a small smile. They both knew that they were going to be sister in law's but they haven't talked about it yet. If it wasn't about Zulaid, Inara would have already made friends with her.

"Nothing Sir!" She muttered.

"There must be something funny. Tell us too! We also want to know what's funny" He asked her seriously. He wasn't joking and acted like a professor.

"Sir apko hassi nahi, gussa aye ga" She clicked her tongue with amusement.

(Sir you would be mad at me)

"Why so?" He was asking leisurely like he had much time to waste at her.

"Sir kyu ke ap ko to hassi ati hi nahi hy" She said like an innocent child this time.

(Because you don't usually laugh)

Everyone started giggling. Zulaid turned around to see them. The giggling sound vanished in seconds. Nobody was doing anything now. Their eyes were fixed at his annoyed face.

"Is this how you behave around your seniors. Should I have to teach you manners now. Show some professionalism. You are behaving as you aren't standing next to a patient but in your bedroom. You all are nothing but mere disappointment!!" He pressed his lips together, controlling his anger.

Ufff! Hasse hi to hain bechare ab kiya jan le ga kia Dracula!!! Inara gulped down her saliva.

(We just laughed. Does Dracula want to take our lives for just giggling around him)

"Sir! Can we continue the round?" Dr. Azwa took his attention and asked him sweetly.

Sir ki bachi. Bohat zuban chalne lag gai hy inki. Inara didn't like her interfering even though Azwa was just trying to save them from her scary fiance.

(She started speaking a lot)

He nodded at her.

Hhun! Dekho to zara joru ka ghulam. Inara saw them, disliked.

(Just look at him and how obedient is he towards here)

Zulaid averted his gaze back to her. He glared at her who was now watching him with puppy eyes. He asked her to present her patient's history.

"Sir! I couldn't take history because the patient and his attendant can't speak Urdu" She gave him an excuse.

"Dr. Inara! You are at a hospital, dealing with a patient. If a patient does not understand your language wouldn't you treat him. What a lame excuse. You could have arranged a person who could talk to the patient and his attendant. Was it so hard?" He wasn't going to leave them today especially her, jis ny bhiron ke chate main hath dala tha.

Doctors Love जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें