1- "Everyone in hell wants a slurpee." -Daryl Dixon

▌│█║▌║▌║Author's Note║▌║▌║█│▌

Dear Walkers (that's you guys),

I cannot wait to start this book! I am obsessed with the Walking Dead. ^_^

"To Kill A Corpse" is NOT going to be a tiny remake of the actual show. It's going to be full out DIFFERENT, UNIQUEIFIED. (I love that word xD) Lori is not going to cheat, Glenn and Maggie will not fall in love, and Shane will not die. (Maybe, maybe not.) There are also going to be tons of others twists, stories, and one bonus character, the main in this remake. And, of course, some zombies I created. :)

I do not take credit for characters from show. But I DO take credit for the new main character, some zombies I created, and other small characters that they run into and that shiz. I hope you guys all enjoy this fan fiction (my first one!), because I know I will!

In this story, you readers will be known as "Walkers", as said above^^^.

Happy Zombie Reading!

Micky

P.S First dedication goes to my first commenter Elegant_Pinecone! :)

▌│█║▌║▌║One║▌║▌║█│▌

The footsteps shuffle closer across the rocky gravel, the growl getting deeper. I stand behind a tall pine, watching in horror as the shadow of the rabid person stretches further down the road. Not sure if the person knows of my existence, I scoot around the trunk of the tree, allowing a barier in between the thing and myself. 

I struggle to keep my breathing steady and almost noiseless, placing a hand over my mouth. I hear saliva dropping onto the road, leaving a trail of blood. I sigh with relief as the moaning and growling stops, assuring me the person has left me unharmed. 

I step silently onto the dirt road and look around cautiously. My heart beat slows and I look back to see my shadow following me, created by the pale moonlight. I turn my head back forward, my eyes meeting with a snarling man, his clothes tattered and shredded, revealing his black skin. I stare in astonishment at his sick being, his flesh torn off of one side of his jaw, revealing brown, rotting teeth and black gums. 

I stay still, gagging uncontrollably from his horrid breath. He snarls loudly, narrowing his eyes and lunging for my throat, tearing my shirt from my ribs down. I suck in my gut, avoiding being scratched with his sharp, bloody nails. I back up, a piece of cloth from my shirt in his hand. He falls to the ground, his rotting face landing on the sharp rocks.

I turn around, sprinting for my life. My pulled back hair comes out of the elastic, flying into my face, blocking my vision. I gasp as I try to move the strands out of my eyes, tripping over a long root from a pine tree. I land with a thud on my stomach, knocking the wind from my tired lungs. I squint my eyes, trying to over come the pain as my sore legs scream when I push myself back up. 

I come face to face with another infected being, the woman's hair knotted and dirty, one of her eyes hanging loosely out of the socket. I scream loudly, signaling about five other rabid people out of the forest, surrounding me helplessly. I shove the woman aside and run in between the gap of the hungry crowd, hungry for me.

I pant as I continue to sprint, the pace turning into a slow job. My tired limbs ache as I push myself further and further into the forest. I come to a stop and look around quickly for any signs of the beasts.

I sit gratefully on a fallen tree, giving my calves a rest. I wipe the sheer layer of sweat from my forehead, looking through the darkness in the trees.