Knowing the truth

Getting out of my room I find my sister talking with her best friend on phone.

Shreya Ranaut, my sister's best friend. I hate her. I've my reasons. She's not that what she shows. I saw her reality but unfortunately, my sister never tried to see it. I hate her because of her nature but I don't understand that why she hates me. Maybe because she knows that I hate her. I also don't understand that why my sister talks with her on phone when she gets the whole school hour to spend time with her. Moreover, I don't think that my sister should waste her precious time on a stupid girl when she's in twelfth grade. I told her many times to stop this but she never listened to me, after all Shreya is her 'bosom friend'.

"Okay bye."

Finally, she hangs up.

I sit beside her on the sofa.

"What was she saying?" I ask, although I'm not interested to know.

"About her new love interest," she replies.

"What? Again? She always has to change her boyfriends in one month?"

"How can you say that, Renu! Her last boyfriend stayed for almost one month seven days."

"Yeah, probably she forgot to check the calender," I mutter in a very low voice so that my sis can't hear me.

"Tell me, don't you want to know about him?" sis asks with a big smile on her face.

No.

"Yes! Tell me, I'm dying to know!"I say sarcastically. My sister, Rima is a gossip queen. She just needs a topic to talk about. 

She rolls her eyes at me, "Anyway, I'm gonna tell," she reports. "She told me that he's so handsome!"

"What's new? According to her, her every boyfriend is Tom cruise. Tell me something new."

"Well," she rubs her chin and continues, "she also told me that he goes to your school."

"Now it's a good information. Anything else?"

"Yes, his name is Sidharth Mukherjee,"

"Oh, Sid-"

"My name is Sidharth. You can call me Sid."

That means the boy I met yesterday was Shreya's new boyfriend. Well, I can be wrong. There are many boys in my school named Sidharth. So, it can be someone else.

"Can you give me his description? I mean, how does he look like?"

"Well, according to Shreya's description, he is very tall, he has brown eyes, he is fair in complexion and very alluring."

Everything matches. I thought that he had a good taste but I was wrong.

"That's all she said, I can't give you more description."

"I don't need because I already know him."

Sis jumps up from the sofa, "Really?"

"Yes," I reply in a monotonous tone.

"It can't be a normal meeting because you don't notice boys so easily," she says in a I-know-everything tone, "So tell me what happened?"

"No."

"Why?" she asks in a disappointed tone.

Because it's super embarrassing!

"Mom, where's my breakfast?" I go to the kitchen, completely ignoring my sister's stupid curiosity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------