Let's Break Up

"Abhi, I think your watch is fast. It's 4.50pm," I say, pointing at my wall clock.

He smiles, "I know, Renuka. I just can't wait to take you out with me."

I roll my eyes,"Why?

"I just...wanted..." suddenly,his eyes move down to my top. "What are you wearing? It's so simple."

"I think, it's not as good as you expected, right?" I say, gesturing at my top.

"Well," he looks down at my top. By his expressions I can easily assume that he doesn't like that at all. I just wait for him to say the next phrase. "You still have ten minutes. You can change it,"he finally says.

That's what I expected from Abhi. He's a beauty lover. He likes only beautiful things. Sometimes I doubt that he is playing a game with me. It's impossible for him to like someone like me. Maybe as a friend he can like me, but as a girlfriend, I'm not his type. Only Barbie doll type girls are perfect for him.

I give him a sweet smile and say, "I like this top. I'm not gonna change it."

"Why not? You've better things to wear."

"But I feel comfortable in it,"I announce.

"But- "

"No."

He shoots fake glare at me, then finally nods. "Let's go."

"Sure." Yay! I won.

I go to the kitchen to inform mom about this. I find mom cutting vegetables. I walk over there.

"Mom, Abhi is here. We're leaving now," I inform her.

She stops cutting the vegetables, and turns to me with a big smile.

"He is here?"

"Yeah," I nod. "That's what I just said."

She hurriedly walks out of the kitchen. I follow her. Abhi is sitting on the sofa,and doing something with his phone. Mom walks towards him.

"Oh my god! You look so handsome," she says, looking at Abhi.

A smug grin appears on his face. He stands up from the sofa, and plains the creases of his shirt.

This is when I notice his clothes. I've to admit, he looks great in them. The black shirt with blue cotton jacket, and the vintage black ripped jeans, everything is making him look more handsome.

I think, I should change my clothes and put on some makeup. I don't want people to say,"Look, a horse is dating a donkey." I always like staying equal. Maybe I'm not as good looking as him, but I'm not ugly. If I try, then I can look at least presentable. But I'll do this for only myself, not to impress anyone.

"Hey Abhi, wait for me. I'll be here in ten minutes." I don't wait for his reply, just rush towards my room.

Entering my room, I start finding something gorgeous to wear in my cupboard. Soon, I find a black knee length dress. I remember, dad bought that dress last year. I'm not a big fan of dresses, but this is something I actually like. It's not excessive, this is something I can wear anywhere. I personally love the the silver belt, which is making that dress look more fashionable.
I got what I wanted. Now time for changing.

~~~~~~~~~§§§§~~~~~~~~

After getting ready, I go downstairs. I find mom and Abhi talking with each other. They didn't notice my presence yet. I walk over to them.

"Hey guy, how is it?" I ask them.

Both of them turn to me at the same time, and their jaws drop at the same time.