When you smile

I can't believe that he's crying! Oh God, I never wanted to make anyone cry. Stop him, please. I-

"What's wrong with you, Rudie?"

I look up at him. He looks perfectly fine. He is staring at me like I'm a weirdo and I feel like one. It's like I was hallucinating, none of these happened at all. But the question is- When did I start hallucinating? Was everything just  illusion? The secret I shared with him, then we laughed, everything was just my thought! Since when I became so weird?

Since you were born, Renu, a small part of my mind answers.

"Hey, it's my turn. What are you thinking?" his voice brings me back to the reality.

"Can you tell me what happened till now?" I try my best to sound normal but you know, when you say something as weird as this one, you can never sound normal.

He stares at me. And  It's not that "Dang! You're hot!" kind of stare that a very pretty girls may get, it's more like that "Wow! You're weird!" kind of stare. 

"Well, you told that when you were in eighth grade, you beat up a boy and then we laughed when you told me the full story. After that, you became silent and kept staring at my empty glass," he explains everything. "It was like you were in a deep thinking," he adds.

How embarrassing! I got lost in my own thoughts. Maybe because I was constantly thinking that he's sad for some reason. I should stop thinking it. 

"Let's not talk about it," I laugh sheepishly. "Well, it's your turn," I remind.

He smirks. "Don't think about me that much, Rudie," he says flirtatiously. 

How did he know that I was thinking about him? I think to myself.

"Well, time for my secret," he leans on the table. "I never fell in love," he reveals.

I'm kind of surprised after hearing this. Because sis told me that Shreya is his girlfriend and if it's true then how.....it's weird.

"Then who's Shreya?" it slips out of my mouth. 

He raises an eyebrow, "How do you know about Shreya?"

I simply reply, "She's my sister's best friend." 

"Rima?" (My sister's name)

"You know my sis?"

He nods, "Shreya mentioned her. But I never saw her."

"Oh," I stay silent for a few seconds. But my curiosity can't be held back for a long time. "You didn't answer my question," I remind him. "You've a girlfriend but you said that you were never in love. So, don't you love her?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "I don't think that I love her. We just started dating"

"Is this the only reason?"

He again shows his signature smirk, "I'm just having fun. I don't think that I can ever love anyone," he retorts. "And, love is stupid," he adds.

It's not like that I'm a great believer of love but still, I didn't like the way he made fun of love. I don't like Shreya and she deserves him but for some reason I feel bad for her. Maybe she flatters herself that she's the prettiest girl in the world because she got someone as handsome as Sid, but she doesn't know that she's just a toy to him, not a precious girlfriend.