Chapter 10

A boy with lighter brown hair then Joe- Mr. Birlems' walks in. He sits down and signals for some people to come in. Im guessing it's his gang. They all sit along the chairs while the main guy sits at the head of the table like Mr. Birlem and I, except the seat next to him was empty. Well that was until an older, rounder man walks in, head hung high and looking confident. It only takes me two minutes to recognize the man. The man was my father. Shocked to see him I let out a gasp.

"Proof" Mr. Birlem whispers into my ear with a smug look on his face.

As soon as my father sits down he looks up at Mr. Birlem and then to me.

"Maggie?" He asks seeming to not believe his eyes.

"Da-" I get cut off

"She is not to speak" Mr. Birlem responds to my father "I've come to offer you a deal Mr. Thompson"

"And what is this deal, Birlem?"

"I will give you your daughter as long as give me what i want."

"And what is that?"

"Everyone and everything your gang owns i think is a fair deal" Mr. Birlem says with a smile full with evil

"Never! You know this gang is my family. I could never give up what i've worked for"

A look of concern is shown on my face. Is he really just going to leave me with this strange man and the awful goons that decide to follow?

"Maggie, i'm sorry you know i love you and i will make something work" My father says looking into my eyes. "And for you Mr. will not win" He points and Mr. Birlem and leaves the room.

The other man who walked in first stays along with the rest. "Joey can we not figure something out?" The man says

"Mr. Sartorius we are not on a first name business and until that man
and his gang is dead, he will not be seeing his daughter" Mr Birlem responds.

So the boy is Jacob, he looks so much softer then everyone else not as tough maybe he's just a negotiator in this business

Mr. Birlem got up and left. Jerry and David grab my arms and before i get pulled out Jacob mouths the words

"Don't worry, We'll save you"

We can all hope