| 04 | Consumed by Guilt

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

Evie came over in less than five minutes. When she got here she looked exhausted. "What happened E," I asked her as I let her in.

"Ever since you left I kept on looking for you with Ben. He sent search parties all over Auradon!" She exclaimed tiredly before sitting down on the couch.

I didn't realize he sent for a search party. I wasn't watching the news at all. "I should've left a note. I'm so sorry, E."

"It's okay, at least we know you're safe. How's Evelyn?"

"She says you don't love her because you haven't called her." I told her "Why haven't you called her?"

"I've been busy with all these dress orders. I'll call her tomorrow though." She said "by the way what happened with the Malvin Ben incident"

"I told him a friend and their child happened to be with Malvin which caused me to say all the things I said."

"You must've convinced him because he didn't say a word about that."

"Yeah, I'm happy I could."

"M you might want to explain to Ben why you ran off," she said "He's been worried sick."

"You're right. I'll tell him tomorrow around lunch. I think he has free time then."

"And your dad?"

"I'm not going to talk to him. He knew who I was yet he didn't care. I was abused by her for years! Yet he didn't do anything about it. I came to Auradon and he didn't even come to see me at all!" I said bitterly "I had my son who could've also been killed by my mother. I did everything to protect him unlike both of my parents. I don't need him, at least not anymore."

"But he's your dad."

"And he never cared for me." I said "He's not my dad. The only one who was a true father was your dad E."

"He was. I don't know what he ever did to get trapped on the isle. He was a very selfless man. I was his little princess. I wish he were still here."

I sat next to her on the couch "I'm so sorry for what happened to him. He didn't deserve any of that."

"He was one of the only reasons why I was excited to have Evelyn. I looked up at him in admiration. My mother didn't like that and she-she killed him right in front of me." Her voice cracked as her eyes filled with tears.

"Oh E," I said before embracing her into a hug. She stayed over and we eventually fell asleep on the couch.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

Next day . . .

Around 1 p.m

* Flashback *

I felt my head pounding as I was starting to get up. "Where am I?" I ask as I realized that I was NOT in my room. I groaned as I felt like my head was going to explode.

"Good morning, handsome." I heard someone say next to me. It was Anyeline. "What? Did you not enjoy last night?"

I looked at her in horror. She didn't mean we... I looked down at myself. I wasn't wearing anything and she wasn't either. I shook my head in denial. "No, no, no, no!"