| 26 | Manipulation

Unedited - January 30, 2018
Edited - July 16, 2021

WARNING: Torture

A/N: I will not be publishing chapters on Saturday or Sunday. I haven't been feeling good and because of that, I haven't finished any other chapter to post.
Hopefully Monday I'll be able to publish at least one chapter.
Also, this chapter was written in a rush so I could get it published today so I apologize if there are any typos!

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

It was around 2 a.m. when I heard small whimpers. I turned on the lamp on the nightstand and turned back to look at Malvin hugging his dragon stuffed animal tightly.

"Malvin, what's wrong?" I asked as I hugged him, burying his head into my chest.

"Daddy, please don't leave me." He sniffled

I began playing his hair "I will never leave you, Malvin"

"My mommy said the same thing but she's gone!" He cried harder "I want her back. I want my mommy back."

I began rubbing his back soothingly to calm him down "It's going to be okay, Malvin. We're going to find your mom and your brother and soon we will all be together and be a happy family." I told him

"I miss her..."

"I miss her too. Soon we'll find her, I promise."

He calmed down but his head was still in my chest and I continued to rub his back. I stayed like that until I heard soft snores.

A few hours later . . .

"So you're saying you could use your magic to project what happened the day she disappeared?" I asked Fairy Godmother

"Yes, your majesty. I could project what happened and it may give us a clue on where she is." She said "We can start from the very beginning of the day. However, I can only show you what happened in this room, your bedroom."

I nodded and gave her permission to continue. Malvin hugged my legs, scared of what's going on. "Don't worry, Malvin. There's nothing to be scared of."

She began chanting a spell and soon everything that happened that day was projected on the wall.

It started as we woke her up for breakfast in bed. She speeded it up until something unusual happened.

She was in the bathroom brushing her hair when she fell to her knees in pain, from what seems to be a headache. She began coughing up blood and did her best to crawl to Malcolm who was also coughing up blood. She did her best to stand up with the help of the crib and saw him but fell back down.

Malvin turned around and hid his face from the horrendous sight. He began whimpering. I played with his hair and looked back up at the projection.

Then it seemed like she could not breathe. She was gasping for air until the pain stopped. She took Malcolm out of the crib when a green light caught her attention. A note fell from it and she read it. We could not see what it said but she had a horrified expression.

She cleaned up and hid all the evidence. Fairy Godmother speeded the projection and stopped when Mal received another note. She read it and quickly hid it on the nightstand.