| 27 | The Unfulfilled Promise

Unedited - February 2, 2018
Edited - July 20, 2021

TRIGGER WARNING:
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Suicide attempt
- Rape
- Child Abuse
- Torture

A/N: Please forgive me for not posting yesterday! I still wasn't feeling great but I finally managed to finish the chapter.
To make up for not posting Saturday, Sunday, and Monday this chapter is really long! It over 7,000 words!
Also if there are any typos/ mistakes please let me know and I'll fix them!
You guys might hate me for a certain part of this chapter but I don't blame you!
Anyways hope you enjoy!

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐌𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

4 years later . . .

"STOP!" I screamed in agony "PLEASE STOP!"

"Mal, we've been doing this for over 4 years. You should already know that begging won't make me stop." My mother said and continued to slit my back with a dagger.

I was shirtless laying on the floor while she continued to cut my back. Compared to other days, this wasn't the worst.

For me, the worst was finding out she killed my son

゜・ 。。・ Flashback ゜・ 。。・ ゜★

"You killed him?!" I yelled at her, looking up at her waiting for an explanation

"It's all your fault, Mal! I warned you of what would happen if you didn't get me that wand! You knew what would happen yet you chose to be good!" She yelled back

That was when I let out the loudest scream that I was suppressing for too long now. I was holding my son's blood in my hands. His lifeless body was in front of me.

He must've been so scared and I couldn't protect him.

I began trembling, hoping that this was all fake. I pulled him on me and began crying into his chest.

I dreamed of seeing him again but not like this.

"Is that my brother?" Malcolm questioned, looking horrified as he watched his corpse.

"Y-yes," I told him

This is not how I wanted them to meet.

He began crying and ran back to Evelyn to hug her. She was crying as well, saying how she wanted to play dragons with him again. Malcolm hugged her, trying to stop her from watching his dead brother.

"I HATE YOU! I WISH I COULD'VE JUST KILLED YOU THE DAY I TURNED YOU INTO A LIZARD!" I screamed at my mother

"But you wouldn't cause I'm your mother and you care for me." She smirked and crouched down, taunting me as I held my dead son in my arms.

I gently placed Malvin down before using all my strength and charged at her. I pushed her so I was on top of her and began punching her, not caring that my whole body was in pain.