| 12 | Good Liar

────»»❀❀❀««────

┌────────┐
𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

After Mal left...

I had everything planned out. I knew exactly what to say and had already thought of excuses. I was sitting in the library with my book in hand but I hadn't even read a single word from it. Why am I excited? I don't know it just feels fun being involved in something secretive. It makes me feel like a secret agent.

"What are you smiling about?" Asked my husband, Adam.

"Nothing..." I looked up and saw Ben approach us.

"Hey, mom, where's Mal? I thought you said you two would be hanging out?" He asked as he sat on a chat in front of us.

"Oh we did but then she remembered she had a girl's day planned out with Evie so she left."

"That's strange. She never told me that. Do you know when she's coming back?"

"She said maybe tonight but she'll be back most likely tomorrow."

"Let me call her just to make sure she's safe." He started taking his phone out from his back pocket.

"Umm that won't be necessary because when she left she said that she won't answer calls" I quickly said

"Oh then I'll call Evie" he began looking for her number.

"She said that Evie won't answer calls either"

"Oh okay, then I'll be in the office if you need me," He said before leaving the library.

"That was close" I whispered.

"What was close?" Asked Adam.

I was too loud. Maybe I'm not cut out for this. "Uh nothing"

He set down his book down and raised an eyebrow "Belle tell me now"

"Okay, Okay, the truth is Mal went back to the isle to sort some things out and she will be back tonight or tomorrow morning" I blurted out

He furrowed his eyebrows "What did she have to sort out?"

"She has a little brother and he has no one to take care of him" I partly lied

"A brother?"

I nodded "Don't tell anyone about him. I promised her I would say nothing."

He looked at me suspiciously "Okay..."

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

Later that night . . .

Ben came into the library once more "Mom isn't Mal suppose to be back already?" he asked

"She said she will be back tonight or tomorrow morning" I calmly said, not looking up from my book.

"But I'm worried about her"

I sighed and set my book down. "I'm sure she's fine"

"Why aren't you worried about her?" He asked

"I'm not worried about her because I know where she is"

"Where is she?"

"Ben you know where she is."

"Where is she?" He repeated

"Why are you so worried, Ben? She had a girl's day with Evie and besides she's strong. She can take care of herself." I told him

"I know but I just want to make sure she's fine. So where is she?"

"Ben."

"Where is she?"

"She's in a kingdom."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion "What kingdom? Where is she?"

"In auradon," I said before walking out leaving him alone in the library.

"Evie?" I asked as I saw her with a servant

"Hi, belle have you seen Mal? She won't answer my calls," she said

"Mom, Who is it–" Ben said from the library.

"No one" I called out before turning to look at Evie. "Evie I'll tell you at your house"

"Okay but why?"

"I'll explain later," I said before we quickly left the castle.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

In Evie's House... 

"Okay, we're here. Now where is Mal?" she asked

"Mal went back to the isle to take care of some stuff with Malvin," I told her since I know she already knew about Mal's son.

She paled "How do you know about Malvin?"

"It's okay, I know Malvin is Mal's son.
She told me." I quickly explained

"What did she go do on the isle?"

"The person who was looking after her son got hit by a car."

Her eyes widened "What?! Is she okay?"

"I don't know. She went to check up on them and said she'll be back either today or tomorrow." I explained

"Oh.."

"Also if Ben calls you, tell him your on a girls day with Mal"

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What why?"

"I told him you guys were on a girl's day."

"Oh okay."

"I have to go," I said "I have to make sure Ben doesn't send some search party for Mal."

She laughed "Ok bye"

"Bye," I said and left

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

┌────────┐
𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕
└────────┘

"It seems like his mother has him hidden. Any ideas on where he might be?" I looked up from the spellbook to look at the man with the scar on his face.

"No, not at all. I haven't seen him in a very long time." He said, sharpening some swords.

I sighed "Do your sisters know where he is? He is an important part of my plan."

"I doubt it." He put his sword down and began rotating his ring around his finger.

"I've tried a locater spell but she has him well hidden. You know what?" I said and closed the book "Get him to go to Auradon."

"How? I don't even know where he is!" He exclaimed

"You want her unharmed right?" I stepped closer to him

"Y-yes."

"And you don't want me to be angry, do you?"

"N-no."

I gave him an innocent smile "Then do as told. Got it."

"G-got it."

╰────»»❀❀❀««────╯