Chapter 25

Philip's POV

"How could you do this to us?!" I shouted at my father. He looked at me with a pained expression, but I persisted. "How could you damage us like that?! Your own flesh and blood?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, making my voice crack slightly.

My father looked down at his desk, his eyes filling with tears. He hesitated to reply. "I didn't intend on hurting you!" he shouted at me, making me scoff in disbelief.

"Then why'd you do it?! Why did you let her seduce you?!"

"She caught me off guard! I didn't know how to say no! I didn't know what else to do!" he shouted sadly, standing up from his seat. He quickly walked over to me, encasing me in a tight embrace.

I tried to get out of his hold but he was firm. I slowly melted into the loving embrace of my father. I've always wanted his undivided love and attention. I didn't want to give this up, yet I was still angry.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled through his tears.

I nodded my head, lightly shoving him off of me as I walked out of his office. I closed the door behind me, and when I turned around there my mother stood. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her hand clasped over her mouth in shock.

"Ma'!" I shouted after her as she hurried away from me, but my feet were glued onto the hard wood floor. I stood there paralyzed as she ran off.

[×]

I paced inside of my room in pure shock. I had received a letter from (Y/n), but something about her writing was different. It was sloppy and had no hint of personality. "Something's the matter," I told myself, trying to figure out a rational reason. I suddenly remembered her father, that evil man. "What did he do?!" I gasped, making my way out of my room.

I quickly ran out of my home and out into the summer sun. The warmth felt amazing on my skin, but that wasn't my priority at the moment. My priority was finding out what was wrong with (Y/n). Even if it was nothing, which isn't likely, I had to make sure she was okay.

I quickly ran to the stables, thanking the heavens that my father had taught me how to ride a horse all those years ago. I untied the first horse I saw, and began my ride to Monticello.

[×]

Regular POV

As usual you lay on your bed, your thoughts clouded with emotion. You hadn't spoken to your father in days, but today that streak was broken.

Jefferson sauntered inside, a happy smile on his face as he took a seat on the edge of your bed. He played with his walking stick, confidence radiating off of him.

"Good afternoon, darling. I have a wonderful announcement to make!" he proclaimed, growing more and more giddy by the second. He could hardly contain his excitement.

You stayed silent, refusing to utter a single word to him. He wasn't worth wasting breath over. You didn't want to speak to someone so despicable.

"Do you remember that darling boy from when you were in grade school?" he started, "his name was George. George Eacker," he asked you, making your eyes widen at the mention of his name. You had long forgotten about Eacker, but not what he had done.

Jefferson's smile grew into a devious smirk at the sight of your reaction. "His family and I have arranged for the two of you to be wed," he said simply.

Your heart stopped, and your mind was having a hard time processing what he had just told you.

"You will be wed... Tomorrow,"