t w e n t y - t h r e e

When I was done eating I rushed into my room and closed the door.

Me: Joey...
Jojo 💙: Sara?!
Me: I'm coming over in 10.
Jojo 💙: Ok

I closed my phone and picked something to wear before I drive off to Joeys house.

 I knock on his door and his sister Sophia opens it

I knock on his door and his sister Sophia opens it. She immediately hugs me "Thank god your here! Joey is a wreak, and I hope you feel better soon. I love you" she says letting me go. Sophia has always been my little sister that I never had. "I love you more" I replied then walked up the stairs.

I knock on Joeys door then open it. Joey was siting in his bed cuddling his blanket. "Hey" He said with his eyes all red and puffy. "Hi" I awkwardly replied and sat on his gaming chair.

"I'm so so so sorry Es. I only did it to protect you. I love you so much and it hurts to see my best friend do this because of me. I'm a fucking asshole, I don't deserve to have you as my best friend. I'm sorry for making you feel like shit at times. You promised me you won't cut anymore and you breaking that promise really did hurt me and you. Every choice I've made was because I wanted to protect you, and i fucked up every time. If being your best friend with keep on hurting you maybe it's best I stay away from you. I promise you this will be the last time, I need to make this up to you some how" tears rolled down his face and he covered his face with his hands.

"Joey, I fucking love you too. The only way to get rid of the pain in the inside to feel pain in the outside. I cut myself to focus on the pain outside then in. I know cutting myself shouldn't be a solution, but you've hurt me even if it's because you were trying to protect me. Maybe it's time I try to protect myself Joesph. I'm sorry I broke the promise but sometimes promise are meant to be broken" tears filled up my eyes as I got up from the gaming chair and sat next to Joey on the bed.

I then hug Joey and he hugs me back. "Thank you for all the times you protected me" I whispered. Joey sniffled and said "Thank you for giving me another chance."

...