Chapter 18 - Numb

I woke up feeling dreadful. I wanted to die, literally. I’d heard about people taking pills and hanging themselves and all these self harming posts on tumblr, but I wasn’t capable of stuff like that. What it would do to my parents, my friends, or even Jack. Surprisingly when I checked my phone, I had no calls or anything from Jack. Maybe he had the decency to stay away like I told him to but if he loved me wouldn’t he fight for me? I didn’t understand guys, then again, how can guys understand girls when there’s ones like me. Ones who break up with their boyfriends for no reason. I rubbed at my aching head and drifted downstairs to make breakfast. Not too short after, I arrived at the hell hole once again, where I walked in miserable and expressionless. I hated everything about school, every one there and every teacher, and most subjects. I hadn’t even been inside a minute when Kayla came rushing up to me. 

“Regan, its Jack.” Kayla shook my arm.

“I don’t want to talk to him.” I sighed and hung my head.

“No, not that. He’s gotten awful Reg, like how he used to be but so much worse!” She looked worried.

“What?” I looked up again. Were they being serious?

They guided me to the cafeteria and pointed to him where he was leant against the wall making out with someone. I strained my eyes, trying to get a glimpse at who it was. 

“Taylor!” I whisper shouted. Did my eyes deceive me? Jack was making out with the Taylor. I felt sick, but I was too mad to go to the nurse like I would have done. I strided over to Jack and ripped him off Taylor by his shirt collar.

“Wow you got over me pretty fast!” I almost shouted, my face close to his.

“Relax, what’s your problem babe?” He wiped a bit of lipstick off his lip.

“Dont babe me, babe. I’m clearly not your babe anymore, Taylor is. Wow congrats guys.” I said blinking away tears.

“Who cares? You were the one that dumped me. I don’t get you Regan. And who cares if Taylor is my babe, you’re not. You mean nothing to me.” He replied harshly.

I was doing okay, but those last words broke me. Jack could sense the pain in my eyes after what he had said and immediately his face dropped. “I.. uh..” He began.

I clamped my lips together, keeping my eyes so wide they stung from not being able to let tears out and nodded. “I have to go.” My voice cracked which was highly embarrassing. I nodded once more and silently scurried off, breaking my courage and letting the tears pour down my face when Jack could no longer see me. I missed him, I loved him. I just didn’t think he could do something like this. 

A/N Jaaaaaacccckkkk!