Chapter 6 - Guilt

Even though me and Jack hadn’t really done anything I still felt guilty being around Nash, but he didn’t realise anything.

It was the next morning. School. My parents had arrived home safely and as we thought, they didn’t suspect one thing. I was at school, ten minutes before my first lesson, sat in the cafeteria with my group of friends. Jack would probably be there, but I wasn’t looking for him. I saw Nash leaning against the wall, alone checking his phone so I decided to go up to him. He seemed pleased to see me and pulled me into a hug. As we were hugging I could see Jack there with his friends, he smirked at me knowing Nash couldn’t see as he had is back to him. I smiled sweetly back and put my middle finger up. He deserved it.

It was in between lessons and I needed to take books out of my locker. I was alone, I didn’t need my friends to trail after me all the time like some kind of animal herd. I just closed the poor-painted red locker door, jumping to see Jack leant against the lockers beside me.

“Jesus, mother of holy, Christ…” I said, my eyes widening.

“Nice to see you too.” He smirked.

“What do you want Jack?” I sighed.

“How have you been?”

“Fine. Bye.” I said trying to brush him off.

“Why do you keep pushing me away?” He asked.

Why do I keep pushing him away? I keep pushing him away because I fear that I’ll get attached to him, and if that happens like it did last time i won’t be able to let him go and then he’ll ruin my life. 

I decided to go with “I’m not.”

Nash walked up and kissed me on the lips. “Hey babe.” He smiled and then noticed Jack. “Jack.” He nodded.

I stayed silent.

“Is anything going on here?” Nash asked awkwardly, “Just you two go quiet whenever I’m around.”

I held my breath. “Jack won’t go away.” I said and he shot a glare at me. What? I wanted him to leave me alone.

Nash laughed coldly and glared at Jack. “Why don’t you go to class and leave me and my girlfriend alone?” He said.

“Nash.” I interrupted. Why had he turned so rude all of a sudden?

Jack nodded. “See you around Regan.” He looked at Nash. “Or not…” He backed away.