O n e

BEFORE THE STORY BEGINS

I am sick and tired of the hate comments I get regarding this book. I wrote this when I was around 14/15 years old and I am almost 21 now. Obviously my grammar isn't perfect seeing as english isn't my first language. But the comments like
"I can't with this book"
"the lines suck"
"i am done reading this"

They hurt. and I am so sick of seeing them. I kindly ask you to keep your hurtful comments to yourself and if you're looking for a more mature book, read what I've recently posted instead of saying such cruel things. I am well aware of the toxic situations surrounding the book but I'm not going to take it down. It was a chapter of my life and needless to say I'm proud of it. So, wether you enjoy this book or not, I hope you find it in your heart to be nice in the comments.

Thank you,

Elena.

//Tessa's POV

"Yes mother, yes I have everything in the suitcase. Yes, I made sure everything was organized." I said onto the phone to my worried mother. Yes, college is a big thing but this is a step into adulthood, everything will go the way I want it to go and I'll have the bright future my mother has always planned for me. This way I'll have time for a family and many other things I'm excited about. Nothing could ruin this.

"Alright Mother, goodbye I love you too."

Columbia University has been my dream ever since I was a little girl, well my mom's dream mostly. Ever since my dad left she wanted to make sure I had the best life a mother could give her daughter. He was a drug addict though, I don't remember much of it because I was so little.

I drove for around two hours and tried to find the main office or someone I could talk to about my dorm. When I did I asked the little lady with the most stunning red hair I've ever seen how could I find my room.

"Name please?" She asked in a cheeky smile.

"Tessa Benson."

She smiled and approved me, she gave me the key to my room. I wonder who my roommate is, hopefully, she isn't messy and crazy. I'd want someone more like me, organized, and who loves to study. My hobbies aren't the most fun, I'm a very quiet person. I decided to walk around campus for a bit and everything was utterly beautiful and exquisite. There was a little coffee shop and I entered it, it was so quiet inside and peaceful. I look at the menu and decide to order coffee with milk, my mother always makes this and I find it delightful.

"That will be 1.95, miss." The boy said.

I read his name tag and it says, Tyler. Handing him the money, I smile at him and he returned. He ran off to go make my coffee and I took a seat at a little table by the window. I felt something hot hit my lap and I screamed from the burning pain.

"God I'm so so sorry! Sorry, oh god I'm so clumsy." I look up to see a boy with brown hair, he was trying to clean up the mess he made.

"Don't worry about it, my mother has been begging me to throw away these jeans." I laughed lightly to avoid the awkwardness.

"I feel so bad, I'm so clumsy sometimes. I'll pay for dry clean!" He said.

"Oh god no, that won't be necessary." I insisted.

He sighs and sits down. I looked at him and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You could at least introduce yourself," I said laughing.

"Oh-Shawn my name is Shawn." He said.

"You play?" I asked looking at his guitar case.

"Uh- yeah. Music is basically my everything. I eat, write music, play it, and sleep. Music has always been a passion of mine, I love it." He said smiling, making his dimples show. We talked for a while on and on about our hobbies. I found out he also goes to Stanford and that it's his first year. He told me about his girlfriend and how they have a long-distance relationship, I found it adorable. We had a lot in common, I checked my watch and it was 7:16. Shawn and I exchanged numbers and I went off to go find my dorm. It took me only 15 minutes surprisingly.

I put the key in and turned the little knob, when I walked in I gasped. A guy and a girl were making out, on the bed. They got off each other and the stunning-looking guy looked at me like he was about to grab my neck and snap it. I looked at the girl who must be my roommate, she had fuming blonde hair and it sickened me.

"I'm so sorry, I- sorry I should have knocked," I said, I can't help but stutter when I'm nervous.

"Well next time you should just bang the whole fucking door down and join in!" The guy said the blonde scolded him, "Jack!" I studied the boy, his hair was a beautiful color, his thick eyebrows were better than my own, his jawline was too perfect, and oh, but his eyes were dark and disgusting.
The blonde quickly apologized for Jack's rudeness and dismissed herself.

"Wait your not my roommate?" I asked, concerned to be left alone with the frat boy.
"No? Wait Jack how did you get a girl roomie? God, how horny can you be?" She spat.

I gasped at her words, never have I heard such foul language. Jack rolled his eyes and looked at me, "So how did they even let you in here? Huh? Bet she had some scholarship shit, do I really have to deal with your pathetic ass?"

My lip formed into a line and I bit my cheeks trying not to cry.
"Jack! Give the girl a break, she's fucking new for god's sake and you're treating her like shit!" Blonde shouted.

Jack looked very annoyed, I scrunched up my nose and rubbed my arm. Hopefully, I could get my room changed and get with a girl. Frat boy obviously can't stand me already and I haven't even said a word.

"I'm just gonna go-go get my r-room changed," I said hurrying out.

"Well you can't, so you might as well stay," Jack said smacking his gum and crossing his arms.
"What? Yes, I can! Does this have to be some sort of mistake? What kind of college allows boys and girls in the same dorm room?" I defended, I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Sometimes there are no more dorms left and they have to put guys with girls, even if you go up there they won't do shit. They will tell you to come back next semester. You can just change next semester." She said.

I sighed in frustration. "Jack won't bother you, he will be too busy fucking other girls."
"Shut up Lillian!" Jack said flicking her off. I widened my eyes at Jack, and he just opened his mouth and rolled his eyes at me.

"Your awfully rude!" I said.

"Thanks, sweetie, and you're fucking annoying." He said.

I bit my lip at his rude remark. Lillian or Lilly I suppose left leaving me and Jack alone. I looked around the room and set my bags down on the other side of the room. Jack's side was so messy and I seriously didn't like it, he had condoms, dirty clothes, and random girls' panties. It smelled like pizza and fast food too. I put the clothes I brought in the tiny closet right beside my bed and neatly folded everything.

"So what's your name?" Jack said spitting out his gum in the trash can.

"Uh- Tessa, Tessa Benson," I said.

"Cool." He stated and I continued to put away the rest of my clothes. I could feel eyes burning into my back but, I didn't bother to turn around, I couldn't. Looking at my watch I realized it was 10:57. I have class tomorrow and I haven't even showered, my mother would've killed me by now knowing that I haven't showered. Grabbing some new fresh clothes Jack looked at me,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to take a shower.." I slowly said.

"I'm not fucking stupid, why though?"

"Because- uh because- Because I want to!" I said stomping off into the bathroom and I could hear him lightly laughing from behind me.

This is going to be a long semester.