S i x t e e n

Thank you all for being so patient with me and this book, it's hard to update so often. Anyways here is a better Chapter with more explanation!

Tessa's pov|

My father came to pick me up, Jack was already gone and out of my sight. I look at my father and he lightly smiles at me.

"How the hell are you even here? You left me, and now all the sudden your back? Who the fuck do you think you are?" I say and roll my eyes.

"Tessa, please. I know I haven't been here for a very long time but I want to make it up to you. You can stay with me, my wife and your stepbrother!" He says and my heart drops.

"Wife? Stepbrother?" I ask and he nods his head.

"When did this all happen?" I ask.

"Well, I met Kristen a few years ago. We fell in love and got married, she was divorced before and had a son." He says and I just look out the window.

He enters a very nice neighborhood, God knows what this man got into. Judging by all these houses, I bet he's rich now.

"I wanna see mom." I say and he sighs, gripping the wheel harder.

"Y-you can't. I don't want you to, it will put you in a state of distress and I don't want any of that happening." He says.

I ignore what he says and just keep looking out the window. The car pulls up to an enormous house, I look at my father.

"T-this is yours?" I ask and he slowly nods. Getting out, I grab my suitcases.

I don't want to live here nor will I. I'll just stay here till I can gather enough money for an apartment. My phone buzzes, indicating I got a text message.

Jack:

Come back, you left that stupid handbag you always carry around. Plus I need to talk to you as soon as possible.

Tessa:

Okay, I'll be there soon.

I groan, putting my phone back in my pocket. My father opens the door and a nice scent fills my nose.

"Harold? Is that you?" Someone asks, a lady. A beautiful blonde, with stunning green eyes walks towards us.

"Kristen! This is Tessa, my daughter." My dad says and I lightly smile at the beautiful woman.

"Awh! It's so nice to meet you, your father has talked so much about you!" She says and gives me a warm smile. I look at my dad and bite the insides of my cheeks.

"Mom? Who is here?" Someone shouts and I turn around in shock.

"Shawn?" I say loudly and we both give each other a long and hard stare.

"Tessa?" He says back and I look at my father.

"Shawn is my stepbrother?" I ask and look at them both.

(HOLY SHIT HAHAH WTF YALL WERENT EXPECTING THAT BOOM HAHHA)

My father nods and so does Kristen.

"You two know each other?" Kristen asks and I slightly nod and so does Shawn. We all stand there quietly unsure of what to say.

"Well Shawn! Why don't you show Tessa her room?" Kristen says.

"Uh-okay." He says and I follow Shawn. Once we are far away from our parents I slap Shawn's arm.

"Ouch what the fuck Tessa!" He says.

"How the hell is this even possible! I didn't even know you 3 weeks ago!" I say and he shrugs.

"Small world. Plus, what's so bad about being my brother, I'm like the coolest person ever." Shawn says and I laugh.

He rolls his eyes and laughs, leading me upstairs. Bringing me into the room, my eyes stare in awe. It was amazingly huge, I was in love.

"This is..really nice wow." I say and Shawn smiles.

"Yeah I know, well uh- I'll be downstairs with your dad and my mom." He says about to leave.

"Wait! Do you mind if your drive me back to the dorms quickly? I need to get my car and something I left there!" I say and he nods.

"Can we go now?" I ask.

"Yea, let's go." He says and I follow him out.

"Mom! Tessa forgot something at the dorms, we will be back in like thirty minutes!" Shawn says.

We get in the car, and Shawn starts driving to the dorms.

"Hey uh-I'm really sorry about your mom. You seem to be taking it really easy.." He says and I nod.

"Thanks, I just- she wasn't really in my life. She was always off doing something, I'll always miss her though." I say and my eyes water. I breath in and sigh.

"Sorry I-" He begins to say but I cut him off.

"No it's okay! It's good to talk about it, get it off my chest, you know?" I say and he nods.

We stay quite for the rest of the ride, the dorms aren't that far away, thank god. Finally getting there, I thank Shawn and he leaves.

I speed walk to the room, hoping Jack will be there. When I open the door, some blonde chick in sitting on his bed and they are giggling and talking.

"Tessa, hey." He says and gets up. My eyes don't even go to him, just the blonde. She stares at me weirdly and looks away in disgusting.

Jack hands me my hand bag and brings me outside the room for a second.

"W-what is going on?" I ask and Jack looks annoyed.

"Who is she?" I question.

"Her name is Camila, and nothing is going on." He says and I cross my arms over my chest.

"I-whatever. Goodbye Jack." I say but he grabs my wrist.

"Wait!" He says and I look at him.

"I ordered pizza, so if you see the pizza guy give me a heads up." I look at him in disgust and remove my hand from him.

I look back to see that he's already gone, I feel broken. Hurt, confused and most of all I feel angry. I know what he's going to do with her, my eyes begin to water and I can't help it anymore. I cry like I've never cried before, I open my car and slam the door as I sit down.

Covering my face with my hands, I start to cry and cry. Jack thinks he can just do this to me and nothing will happen? Why am I so weak for him? Why do I care about Jack?

Next chapter, 10 votes and 5 comments!