Chapter 11 - Cold

When I woke up, I shivered violently. I hugged myself as I heard the sound of my teeth chattering. I was in my cell. That bastard took me outside, made me rage, then when I passed out took me back here like I was some sort of animal that had just finished showing off. I rubbed my arms as much as I could. Trying to create as much friction and heat as possible. I could see my breath as I exhaled. I groaned loudly as I finally stopped doing anything to keep me warm. I closed my eyes, and relaxed. Taking in deep breaths. At first it was still cold, I could feel the metal of the wall I leaned my back to.

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

My toes were starting to feel prickly.

Exhale

The palms of my hands soon followed.

Inhale

And when I opened my eyes...

I was at the beach again.

I exhaled and fell down to the sand. I rolled around it and let it trail around my skin. I could feel the warmth, the sun was high up.  The birds were circling above the sky, I stared at them as they flew back and forth. I took a deep breath and exhaled. How I've missed this heat. It was always cold back at the base. I never wanted to go back. Ever.

But you have to

Somehow that thought crossed my mind, which was where all this was. My mind. Every grain of sand, every feather from those birds, every piece of the sky and water. It was all in my head. How I felt that this was so real was beyond me. But, I was content with what I knew. For now, I just needed warmth.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Something was disturbing my vision.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

There it was again.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I quickly got up from the sand, dusting myself off. I looked around as everything darkened and the blackness consumed everything, including me.

I opened my eyes.

"What are you doing?!"

Somehow I had positioned myself to be seated in an squat. I rubbed my eyes and realized that it was none other than Kylo Ren that was making the noise, knocking hard on my cell door. I cocked my head to the side. Wasn't the lock on the other side of the door?

"Stop this now!"

Was I doing something?

"Open the damn door, witch!"

Witch? Was that the best he could come up with?

I stood and walked towards the door, crossing my arms.

"How am I supposed to open this thing when the lock's outside?!" I yelled at him.

"You're not making it move!"

What?

"Tell me how!"

He stopped knocking on the door. Everything was silent for a while. I relaxed. The door slid open instantly and I was met with the brooding, masked figure of Kylo Ren, his hands behind him.

He stepped forward and closed the distance between us. The door then slid closed and we were face to face in such a small space. I swallowed. For a while we just stood there. Me looking at anything but him and him staring me down.