Chapter 12 - Little Trinket

I woke up after some time, tired, alone, but less cold. I did not even know when and how I fell asleep. I just did. I sat up and stretched. If this was going to be my daily routine, I would go mad soon. I clutched the coat that Kylo gave tighter around me. I could see my breath as I exhaled. If it was possible, it got colder in my cell. I was going to die here.

A few minutes later, as if on cue, Kylo Ren came and opened my cell door.

"Come"

Without another word, he turned and walked out the cell the same minute he went in. I sighed and stood, following him.

"Are you going to make me rage again?" I asked, clutching on the coat.

"No"

I wasn't exactly expecting an answer but I certainly did not expect that answer either.

"What?"

"We're going to fix your little trinket."

My little trinket?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He unclipped something from his belt and threw it to me without looking back or stopping. I didn't even have to reach out to it as it flew right towards my hand. When I caught it, I realized it was my father's lightsaber.

"You're going to finish that."

I studied the lightsaber in my hand, rotating it and scanning every detail. I must have pushed a button or something because as I looked even closer, it sparked a bit. Some sort of blue electric spark appeared near my fingers and disappeared as soon as it came. I jumped as it happened so suddenly.

"Keep up"

Kylo managed to move forward almost ten feet away from me during the time I was busy looking at my light saber. I quickly ran to keep in pace with him and continued walking as soon as I reached his back. We reached a door and he punched in a code. It slid open and we walked inside.

The room was well lit and there were a lot of tables. People were each at a table and tinkering with some weapons, there was an area where they tested out some few bigger weapons that couldn't be placed on a table. The air was full of metal sounds and clicks and sometimes blast noises. Kylo led me towards the far end of the room where there was table piled up with, what I presumed to be, broken weapons or devices and different pieces of machines. When we got to it, he pushed all of the things away with one swift motion of his hand. The sound of metal crashing on the floor caused the other workers to discretely look back at us.

"Get back to work." Kylo yelled at them, and they quickly resumed what they were doing.

The others quickly resumed what they were doing and paid me no attention anymore. It was as though I was alone in the room with nothing but the noises and machines. Kylo turned to me.

"You will fix this." He pointed at the lightsaber I was holding in my hand.

"I don't know how" I said.

"Use the force"

"I don't know how" I emphasized every word in that sentence. Did he not understand?

"Just feel it"

Isn't he going to help me?

We stood there, facing each other across the table. I was staring at him wearing that foul mask of his. It had been less monstrous now that I knew what he really looked like. I paid no attention to the mask anymore and instead focused on what lied inside. I was expecting him to help me fix this thing but it seemed that I was going to have to do this on my own.