Chapter 17 - A Soft Spot

"I have been confined in this damn room for weeks! When are you letting me out?!"

"I'm sorry, miss, but I have been given specific instructions to not let you out until you're perfectly healthy again."

I limped across the room, restless and helpless. My wounds were healing, but they still stung badly. Damn Ren and his stupid urge to show off.

"Specific instructions? From whom?" I asked.

"The general, miss."

I groaned loudly, without thinking, I marched towards the droid and grabbed the soup bowl on the tray it was holding. And threw it against the wall behind my bed, it's contents splashed and landed on the matress and pillow and basically everywhere on top of the bed. I huffed in annoyance.

"Oh dear, I'll have to clean that." The droid said.

"The general" I snarled. "He doesn't show up ever since last time, and then I find out he ordered that I be isolated until this" I gestured towards my wounds "heals?!"

"That's quite accurate, miss." The droid commented.

"Let me out of this damn room, droid or else--!"

I stopped midsentence when I noticed that everything around the room started floating. Even the droid. Like that last time in the other ship. Then someone pulled open the curtains and a familiar voice spoke.

"I leave you alone with Ren for a while and you're already throwing tantrums like he does."

General Hux walked in, wearing his full uniform including the huge coat. He paced around the room, a menacing aura about him, and stopped right in front of me.

"We're going to have to fix that." He stated, a cold sneer on his face.

What was wrong with him today?

"Why are you here?" I asked, suddenly aware of the fact that he chose now of all times to visit.

"Calm down" he whispered.

I only glared up at him as he ignored my question. He sighed and raised his hand, cupping my cheek. I remained as I was. Chin-up, defiant and giving him a death glare.

"Please"

I sighed then everything dropped to the floor. 

"That's better." He said, adjusting his coat.

"Why are you here, Hux." I said in a cold voice.

"I'm visiting you."

I glared at him and was about to retort when the curtains were pulled open again and in came Kylo Ren in all his masked glory.

This will be good 

"Oh dear" the droid commented "Right then, it is getting quite stuffy in here, I'll just take this mattress and sheets and bring back some new ones. Excuse me."

The droid moved towards the bed and awkwardly picked up both the mattress and pillow, then made it's way out, without looking back.

"Visiting, general?" Ren's robotic voice filled the room and I rolled my eyes. I think I've grown to his demeanor lately, now he irritates more than he scares me.

"Yes, Ren. Visiting."

Hux's tone made it clear that he was annoyed at Ren too, and he spent no effort trying to hide it. Ren stepped closer towards Hux and they stared each other down.

"What business do you have with my student? She is of no importance to you." 

I saw Hux's jaw clench.