All These Years

The door slammed shut roughly, and the young man kicked off his shoes.
Some things happened at work, and he did his best to try and be civil with everyone. Considering his current mood, Dick considered giving himself a pat in the back for not lashing out on anyone throughout the day.

He turned on the lights, before dragging himself to the couch.
Not long after almost deciding what to have for dinner, and he lazily grabbed it.
Upon reading the message he just received though, Dick gave a short reply before storming off to clean himself with the smallest hint of smile on his lips.

'Movies?'
'Coming.'

15 minutes later, he found himself walking along the chilly streets.
It was beginning to look a lot like winter.
His warm breath was puffy against the cold air, as he crossed the streets and got into the luminous cinema.

The young man looked around, his eyes scanning across the room to look for a certain figure when he felt a pat on his shoulder.

"Looking for me?" (Y/N) smiled cheekily, causing a lopsided grin to appear onto Dick's lips.
"Thought you wouldn't appear until 5 minutes before showtime."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes upon his answer. "Says the one who made me stand on the streets for 15 min-"
"LOOK! IT'S CONNER!"
"WHAT?WHERE?" (Y/N) panickly looked around, trying to spot the guy.

Dick forced a laugh, grabbing the lady by the shoulders and pushed her away to buy snacks.
He certainly hoped she didn't notice how fake his laugh was.

"Kidding."
"I swore you almost gave me a heart attack!" she complained.
"What? It's bad hair day or something?" he teased, before ordering their popcorn.
"No, I thought he was here with someone." (Y/N) accepted the popcorn, popping some into her mouth.

Dick felt his smile fell at her answer, though he soon pulled himself together and put on a small smile.
"He's so stiff around chicks, unlike me. So you don't have to worry." he winked at her when she glared at him.
"You're the worst."

"Here." Dick gave her a pack of M&Ms. "I looked like an idiot looking for the one which has the most yellow in it."
"Oh! Can't believe you remember to get me these." (Y/N) grinned like a kid who just got presents on Christmas morning as she stared down at the pack. "Thank you."

In truth, Dick remembered a lot of things about her.
From how she preferred walking instead of getting taxi, her love for sweets, to what her favorite song was.

But friendzones were never meant to be easy to get out of, or maybe it was just his karma for getting around with so many girls.
But at the end of the day, Dick always ended up by her side,no matter what time and day it was. Even though she saw him as no more than a best friend, when he could easily got his way with other ladies.

Despite how he was the one who accompanied her until 3 a.m. because she couldn't sleep, the one who woke up at 5 a.m. when she wanted to jog before the sun rose, the one who got her to the doctor late at night because her stomach hurt so much.
The list could go on and on, and no, Dick didn't mind at all.

The only thing that bothered him was the question of whether or not (Y/N) could actually love him more than as her best friend.

"Hey, loser! You owe me chicken wings!!" (Y/N) pumped her fist in joy when she scored the most at the game of shooting hoops.

Dick took her to the arcade after the movies, and made a bet with her. He should've known she was very determined to get her chicken wings that night.

"Alright, alright. Let's go."he slung his arm across her shoulder as they went.

Yes, he was willing to wait much longer. At least he could still be the one who make her laugh so hard. That was enough for now.

"The things I do for you, (Y/N).." Dick sighed dramatically, earning himself a playful nudge.
"You love me anyway." she smirked, not noticing Dick's genuine smile.

Author's note
Finally!!
I've missed writing about this guy😂
I hope you enjoy it, though.
If you have any requests, pm me and I'll try to write something for you.😉

Anyway, I want to ask you to give feedbacks about my other book called 'MUSE' by contessavc. Give it a shot for me, and tell me what you think, yeah?🙌

Here it is : https://my.w.tt/XOANEpiHL1

Thank you for staying this far with me folks💙