And to peace

Marian felt herself coming round as morning sunlight streamed into her room

Marian felt herself coming round as morning sunlight streamed into her room. She looked to the side to see Percy dozing happily by her side

"Good morning" Marian's head swung round in the direction of the fireplace to see Jaquetta sitting there. "Feeling a little better?" She asked. The events of the pervious night came flooding back into Marian's mind and she groaned
"A, little I suppose...oh! I must get up, Elizabeth will be asking for me..."
"There is no need, my dear! I have told the Queen that you are unwell and need some rest. She completely understands"

Marian nodded, leaning back against the pillows, stroking Percy's grey coat as she stared at the canopy above her bed.
"I take it you would want to be alone today, Marian?"
"No!" The younger woman replied quickly "no, Jaquetta...I should like you to stay..."
Jaquetta smiled "As you wish..now, rest"
Nodding, Marian pulled the covers up around her and closed her eyes, letting herself fall into a deep, dreamless sleep...

At around 3 in the afternoon Marian woke with a start, hearing her wolfhound barking loudly, scratching at the door.

"What is it?" Marian asked Jaquetta worriedly.
"I believe the King may have returned" the woman replied, still sitting by the fire, sewing "you can hear their horses hooves if you are quiet enough" Marian strained her ears, hearing the quiet sound of hooves on cobble. The York's had returned. Richard had returned.

"Then I shall rise and dress immediately!" She said, leaping from the covers
"Are you sure, my dear?"
"Yes! I am quite well rested. You should go on ahead of me, Jaquetta for I fear I may be a while!"
"I shall see you soon then!"

Jaquetta rose and left the room. Marian darted towards her chest of clothes, pulling out a heavy snow coloured gown -a show of support towards the House of York. Quickly lacing the front of it and attaching the necklace that the Queen had given her during the rebellion, the pale emeralds shining around her neck, she hastily grabbed her dagger and made her way towards the door, placing it beneath the layers of her skirts as she went.

Throwing open her chamber door, she bolted down the stairs only to have Lizzie and Mary practically fly past her, Meg ran after them, carrying Cecily, raising her eyebrows as she went by. Elizabeth quickly followed, holding the Prince in her arms.

"Daddy!" The Princesses shouted as the King walked through the door, gathering his daughters in his arms. Little Edward screamed at the top of his lungs, demanding the attention which he was immediately given by his parents.

Dropping a curtesy to the royal family, Marian slipped passed them and out into the courtyard where she saw Richard standing by his horse and with him...Anne. Her heart filling with joy, she began to run over to them.