1.

"no one ever really changes, some are just better at hiding their true nature. and maybe his true nature was being ruthless and emotionless."

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

May 28th, 1998

The day I was born...and the same day my life went to hell. Being born into a mafia with nothing more then strong leadership who cared about power. Mafia was over everything.

7 years later....

(past)

"Odina will be engaged to him..." I hear my fathers voice through outside the meeting room.

I just wanted to come to my mom but they seems busy?

I stand near the meeting room easedropping.

"No she will not..:she's only seven and he's four years older then her. We aren't selling our daughter." I can hear my mother's voice getting louder and angrier. She never yells. That's more of my father.

He makes me train with him and I don't like it but I have no other choice.

He always wishes I was a boy since my mom can't have anymore kids...I'm the only heir to them.

I'd take over one day and I just want to live a normal life.

"She'll marry Luca Dante. That's final"

I hear large footsteps and I rush to my room not wanting to get caught.

Dante?

That's the other mafia.

8 years later....

(present)

I'm finally meeting him and I'm terrified. Not allowed to speak to him yet.

Just see him with my eyes.

He's nineteen which disgusts me. I'm only fifteen. He's going to see me as some little sister and I'm going to hate every part of it.

I think I realized I was being married off officially when I turned twelve.

They started telling me about how I needed to keep pure. How I needed to be clean for the man. But they forget I'd control them all one day.

It's a Union.

An alliance.

My father owes the Dante family millions. But my fathers stubbornness will never give it to them.

There an Italian mafia.

We're originally narcos but my grandfather left Mexico and we built headquarters in Puerto Rico. The island is beautiful and we get away with everything.

I've never left the island. I've never really left the mansion. I'm basically isolated. The only daughter heir to Giovanni Ariette...then my mother he murdered Luna Rosette.

He made me watch her be murdered. I still don't know why he did it.

I was ten. And I wish I still had her because I need her.

He only stopped hitting me just to not look suspicious to the Dante family.

He slit her throat after torturing her. I could still hear her cry and scream.

Then...

He showed up to the funeral like nothing.

He payed his respects and never spoke about her again. No one knows he murdered her. They think it was a gang of some sort. He threatened me saying I'd be next if I ever disrespected him. He hates me.