77.

author note: short chapter but important

𝑶𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I just watch as they bury the casket.

I've cried too much. I just want to go home.

.....

𝑫𝒂 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊 𝒑𝒐𝒗

I just sit on the edge of the bed. I'm not going to the funeral. I know it's wrong but I can't. Every time I get near Luca I feel like putting a bullet through his head.

"I'm sorry baby. I'll do right by you this time. And maybe if you're not in hell I'll find you." I whisper knowing there's no one here. I just feel my tears fall.

"I miss you."

"And I'm sorry." I breathe looking down.

There's a knock and it's Odina. I'm crying like a bitch and she's held herself together. She walks in and sits next to me.

"I know. It's okay."

"He loved you so much. He doesn't want you to be angry. You don't have to do anything."

"Promise me da Vinci." She whispers.

"Don't follow me. Or Luca anyone. You're free you don't need to keep hurting yourself. I'm still your boss. And now. I'm ordering you to leave. And start over. Take out all your anger and emotions here and never look back. Please."

It sounds easy but it's hard.

"Antonio never wanted you to hurt. And you deserve so much." She admits.

"What are you going to do?" I ask.

"What has needed to be done for years." Is all she says and I know what she means.

"I need to tell you something. A secret. And when it's time...just know I have so much respect for you...and I know you will be the one I can trust." I look up at her and my eyes stop watering.

She starts telling me her plan.

Marianno is alive....

Luca killed him...but he's alive?

And I think I stay in shock the whole time.

"Stay alive....and keep low for the next year or so." She ends and I process the plan.

She's going to end him....and everything around him.

"This is goodbye then?" I laugh and she nods with tears in her eyes.

"Do right by it....Thank you for everything you've done for me since I was sixteen." She hugs me and I just smile.

This is really goodbye then. I'll never see her again after this.

But... I trust her... I never knew she'd go so far with a plan...but it's going to work.

I just need to keep low. And she's finally going to put this all to rest...

author note: PLEASE READ

The next couple of ending chapters maybe confusing because of the time jumps. But I promise it will make sense in the end. I will probably be making a sequel but it would be short so I'm still deciding if to just keep it in the book.

Please let me know if you would want a sequel or not though!

What do you think will happen and it seems like the women's sayings are coming true....