Chapter 21

Chapter 21

We woke extra early the next day seeing as I had to go home and change. Dad wasn't too happy about me staying the night with Matt since it was still a school day the next day. I understood, though, and felt kind of bad for leaving Dad alone.

Right now, I was walking to school since Dad had gone earlier. I didn't blame him, though. I took too long in the shower.

The school wasn't at all far from my house, so I took around fifteen minutes to get there by foot. Well, excluding the time I stopped to coo at a litter of kittens near the street. They were too cute!

I had five minutes to spare before the bell rang, so instead of dropping by Matt's classroom like I used to, I walked over to my group of friends standing by the lockers.

Just before I could reach them, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Amanda. I almost facepalmed myself. Why must I see her again?

''What?'' I asked harshly, and could actually see fear flash in her eyes before it was replaced with determination.

''I need to speak to you and clear things up, could you meet me after school?'' she asked, almost pleadingly.

I rolled my eyes. ''Yeah sure, whatever,'' I replied vaguely, clearly not meaning it. I turned and walked back towards my friends.

''What was that about?'' Mike asked, slinging his arm over my shoulders when I reached.

''She wants to talk to me to 'clear things up','' I replied.

He raised an eyebrow. ''And?''

''I said 'whatever', although I'm not planning to talk to her in a million years.''

He nodded slowly and shrugged. ''Okay.''

While we were chatting, and when I least expected it, Mike ruffled my hair till it resembled a cavewoman's and ran away like a child. Luke, Morgan and Rachel burst out laughing while Mel shook her head in amusement.

''Seriously, Mike?'' I shouted over to him. That was seriously random as hell!

He turned, making a funny face, and I chuckled. He was such a child at heart. From where I was standing, I could see Mrs. Haggard walking near Mike.

Before I could warn him, he turned to run, but stopped short as he came face to face with her. Like the day before, he screamed like a girl and ran back towards us, hiding behind Mel. He gripped her shoulders and buried his head in her hair, hoping to cover himself. Mel blushed furiously while the rest of us were laughing hysterically with tears running down our faces.

Some of the students who had witnessed what happened were laughing as well, but Mrs. Haggard was oblivious. That woman was probably already in her eighties. Come on old lady, retire already...

''Save me from that witch, Mel!'' Mike cried, making us laugh all the more. My stomach was hurting so much.

''Excuse me, but I advise all of you to not make so much commotion,'' an all too familiar voice that made shivers run down my spine spoke. I swirled around to face Matt who was crossing his arms across his chest. If only he wasn't a teacher...damn. He was wearing a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, a white tie that was loosened, and a pair of black dress pants. All in all, he looked hot.

Meanwhile, the rest of us faked apologetic looks, knowing we had to put up a front for the other students.

I spoke up first, adding in a smirk, ''Sorry, sir. We were just goofing around.''