Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I slumped to the floor, suddenly tired of thinking too much.

It was Matt's father?

That was the question that was playing through my head repeatedly. The other men had honestly done nothing much to me. However, Matt's father, Shawn, had paid my father a large sum of money to play with me. I was disgusted. Repulsed. Revolted.

Just any word to describe how bad and disgusting it was.

Every single time it happened, I would take a shower and scrub myself till my skin turned red. I felt filthy. Each time I went to bed, I would cry my eyes out before sleep overtook me. I was miserable. Kicking me out of the house was probably the best thing that had ever happened in a seriously long time.

I didn't know what happened to Shawn though, it felt like he was obsessed with me before I got kicked out. I wonder what happened to him. Did he get angry with my parents?

I shook my head. Why would I care?

I remembered I had skipped school, so I had to call in to tell them I was 'sick'.

After calling, I decided to have a shower and start with my English assignment. I realised the laptop was hidden in the bushes where I put it when I wanted to go to the shed.

I groaned. I was feeling so lazy I just wanted to sleep.

After showering I changed into a new set of clothes— a blue hoodie sweatshirt with a matching pair of sweatpants. I let my hair dry naturally and didn't bother putting on make up to cover the bruises. Besides, I was just going to stay at home today. The cold shower I had had numbed my bruises and it felt good. I was sick of wincing every time it hurts.

I left the house and went down to get the laptop.

~*~

I was almost done with my assignment, and I checked the time on the laptop.

4.52pm

Had I really taken more than an hour to finish it? I guess I should have expected that. I finished the last sentence of the essay and saved it for Mike to print for me.

I closed the laptop and drummed the top rhythmically with my fingers. My cheek was supported by my fist while I lay on my stomach on my mattress.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a thumbdrive-like thing in the laptop bag. I stopped drumming and grabbed it. It was a device that was suppose to provide Internet, as what I had remembered Mike telling me.

And then I had the most awesomest idea ever.

I think.

Opening the laptop and sticking the device in, I clicked on Internet and wait for it to load. The homepage showed Google, and I typed in:

FACEBOOK.

I clicked the first result and was greeted by the blue and white logo. I clicked on 'Sign Up' and realised I didn't have an email. I then realised I must have been living under a rock unknowingly this whole time.

I made a hotmail account, my username being MizzDfighter, which was kind of lame, to be honest. After that, I proceeded to make a Facebook account. If Matt had been shocked I didn't know what this Facebook was, then I must have been really missing out.

I realise I didn't know who to add. I wanted to type in Mike's name, but I knew there must be a lot of Mikes in this world. I decided to type his email instead.

The sound of the tapping of keyboard echoed throughout the room. Finally, the search came out with one person : Mike Rodriguez. There, beside it was his profile picture. In it was a guy and a girl. It was small to tell who it was. I knew the guy was Mike, but what about the brunette beside him?