Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Matt's POV

It was Danielle.

I just knew it. Judging by the forest green eyes I was accustomed to seeing. The way they had widen for a fraction when I had called her. The panicked and shocked look they held— no one in their right mind would hold such looks when a person 'mistaken them for someone else'.

It was as if she wanted to disguise herself. That was why she did not want anyone to know it was her.

But why, though?

I shook my head and pushed those thoughts aside. Why would I care for an ungrateful girl like her?

I had helped her last night, talked to her. Wasn't that kind of clear we were in somewhat good terms? And all she did was shout at me and asked me harshly why I was talking to her again. No 'thanks' or 'I appreciate it'.

Okay, so I understood I had scared her last night to the point where she was 'traumatized', but it wasn't like I had tried anything. She had said I didn't know what her father did to her. Was there more to what she had told me?

I mentally slapped myself, reminding myself that I must and would not think about her or ever treat her nicely. Just like how I treat the rest.

''Hey, Mr Roberts, you okay?'' someone snapped their fingers in front of my face, effectively interrupting my train of thoughts. My eyes snapped to a girl who I recognised as a sophomore. ''You were kinda just standing here the whole time...''

''I'm perfectly fine!'' I replied, venom seeping through my voice. The girl's eyes widened I was surprised they did not fell of their sockets, and she scampered away, not before muttering a quick sorry.

Yep, this is my life. Scaring my students away.

And you couldn't blame me.

Entering the school premises, a tiny fraction of me couldn't wait for a certain period.

-*-

Danielle's POV

Eyes.

All on me.

It was safe to say that as soon as I had stepped into school, all eyes were on me. Whether they recognise me or not didn't mattered. It was only my second day here anyways.

I pushed myself through the sea of students, trying to locate my new set of friends. I had to control myself from throwing up there and then when I passed a guy who reeked like rotten eggs.

As soon as I had spotted them and took a step forwards, a platinum blonde-haired girl came into view right in front of me, and I had to admit, it looked as if I almost kissed her. Gross.

She was clad with a slutty looking purple and white uniform— cheerleader. What else could it have been? I thought dryly and I had to stopped myself from rolling my eyes. It was all too cliché.

She gave me a once over at my appearance and grimaced. Bitch. ''Uh yeah. I know I'm hot and all, but I don't swing that way,'' I added a grimace off my own as I feigned a disgusted expression.

Her jaw dropped, clearly surprised I had dared to talk back to her. I scoffed mentally. You'd be surprise of what I do...

She quickly regained her composure and stood up straight. I tried side stepping her and took a step forward, but she grabbed my arm, making me come to a halt. The hallways have gone incredibly silent, and I could feel each and every one of their gazes on us. Occasionally, there'd be someone saying ''She's dead.'' Or better, ''I hope she gets owned by the new kid.'' Cheers to that girl who said that!