Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Two weeks passed like a breeze and I found myself walking down the hallway towards the classroom.

The classroom where I would be taking my paper for finals.

Fatigue washed over me as my stomach churned. I had stayed up the whole night doing last minute revision, and had only gotten an hour of sleep. I was even almost late to school this morning because for some reason, I had slept through what was supposed to be an annoying alarm.

Therefore, my friends, I had skipped breakfast all together.

A part of me regretted skipping breakfast though, as I was feeling really tired. The feeling of nervousness didn't help at all. I was starting to feel nauseous that I could throw up last night's dinner.

It was like this ever since the first day of finals, and I could feel the fatigue taking it's toll on me now.

Aside from that, this week was my last week before I leave for London. I had already packed most of the things at home into boxes. Matt had helped too, claiming that we had to spend every single moment together even if it was just packing.

So while I was sorting all the picture albums—or rather looking through them— I had put Matt in charge of the kitchenware.

Let's just say I found out how clumsy he could be at times.

After three broken glasses and a dented frying pan (don't ask), my dad came home from buying dinner and had pretty much kicked him out from the house.

I smiled at the memory. Ever since the starting of Finals, I hadn't really spent much time with Matt, or even my friends for that matter. I was really starting to miss them.

The walls of the hallway were filled with posters for Prom Night, which was going to be held on Friday, the last day of Finals. I couldn't really care less for that though.

Dancing wasn't my style, it's fighting.

That reminded me that I had to wish farewell to my acquaintances in the fighting ring.

I sighed. Part of me strongly object to leaving this place. However, I wanted to be there with my dad to make up for all those years we had missed.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I finally reached my destination.

Today's paper was Maths.

I'll probably ace it.

Or not.

I shouldn't be so negative, I even revised last night.

But I'm so tired.

I feel like throwing up.

No, I have to be optimistic and ace this.

Someone call the mental hospital and admit me in, because I'm definitely going crazy.

Someone chuckled, and I looked up from my table to see Matt.

"Nervous?" he whispered, taking note of the other students. I nodded.

He looked worried for a second but composed himself.

"See me after this," he pretty much ordered.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, giving him a small smile.

He wished the other students good luck as he walked to the front of the class.

Huh, so he's the teacher-in-charge for today's paper. No wonder he's here.