Chapter 25

Chappie dedicated to Killdahaters101 ;)

Chapter 25

''I can very well walk by myself, you know,'' I spoke, rolling my eyes.

''I don't care. It's Matt's orders. Now be a good girl and sit on the 'effing wheelchair or I'll make you,'' Mike retorted, placing his hands on his hips.

It's been two days since I woke up, and I was finally discharged from the hospital. Unfortunately, neither Matt nor Dad was able to bring me home as it was a school day today. Although Dad wanted to take a day off to take care of me, I convinced him not to stay, seeing as how he had already missed a few days of school. My eyebrows furrowed thinking of his strange behaviour for the past two days, like he was hiding something from me. I decided to let it slide, knowing he'd tell me when he was ready.

We didn't want to raise suspicion with Matt here almost everyday, so we decided that he should go to school and continued teaching as per normal.

I sighed, thinking about Matt. He was still feeling guilty for what had happened, despite the many times I had told him it wasn't his fault.

It wasn't his fault his father was a sick bastard.

I was watching the news not too long ago, and - surprise, surprise - Shawn was on, hands cuffed. It brought a sense of relief within me and it felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Luckily, the news reporter hadn't went deep into the details of what happened, meaning they didn't mention my name.

Venice, who had watched the news too and knew it was me, straight away went to visit me. I was alone at the point of time, so it was nice having company. She was really friendly too, and I was glad she was back into Matt's life.

My friends from school and some of the guys from the fighting ring had visited me too. Let's just say they brought along many, many gifts and cards. I chuckled thinking about the guys from the fighting ring. Their appearance were so intimidating that the nurse who came to check on me was practically shaking. However, underneath all the tough looks, they were just giant teddy bears.

Now, on to the next topic - my old foster parents and Justin.

Apparently, I had been told that when the police tried finding them in their home, they had already moved out. In the beginning, I was confused as Amanda was still visiting me. I then found out, much to my bewilderment, that they had left without her. Carter probably had an inkling that the police would find them next after Shawn was caught, and that Amanda was in it one way or another. The police were still in search of them till now.

The snapping of fingers brought me out of my reverie. ''Hey, Danielle, we're here. Get in the car or I'll just leave you out here,'' Mike joked.

I breathed a laugh and let myself in. Soon, we were driving away, back to my home.

Once we reached the comforts of my home, I flopped onto the sofa. ''Ahh...home sweet home.''

''I'm gonna go back to school now. There's still time. Hope you don't mind being alone for a while,'' Mike spoke, placing my bag on the ground.

I waved at him in response. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep. I hadn't had enough sleep due to the fact that nurses who worked night shifts kept coming in to check on me.

Another reason why I didn't had enough sleep was because I was awake for almost the whole night thinking about Matt. This most probably sound extremely sappy that you just want to vomit out blood, but I missed him terribly. He was rarely in the hospital as we didn't want to raise suspicion. Although it was for a good cause, I can't help but feel selfish. I just wanted Matt to be by my side the whole time and not give a damn about the laws.